PDA

View Full Version : Question on peak pricing for character meals?

mrmcgiv
03-22-2010, 12:20 AM
I read someplace that many places raise the price of their character dining during peak season by $4 per adult and $2 per kid? Do you know if this is correct and when the pricing would go back down after summer?

Also, how much is CRT breakfast right now per adult/child? I read $31.99/$21.99, is that correct?? Would they raise these by the $4? $31.99 for breakfast seems crazy let alone adding $4 more!!

BigRedDad
03-22-2010, 07:33 AM
WDW charges a holiday premium on all TS meals. This is primarily during peak seasons, but they can do it when ever they want.

the price range I got was $37 - $42 for adults and $25-$29 for children. It depends on the season. You need to add tax and gratuity to this as well.

mrmcgiv
03-22-2010, 08:40 AM
In that case, we may skip CRT. I will make the ressie and call and check on pricing a few weeks beforehand. Thanks!

DizneyRox
03-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Yeah, the holiday premium on CRT stings. I'd pass..

The DDP used to be better when it stayed the same and the holiday premium was in place, now they increase the DDP as well, so it's a waste.

Unless you've never eated in the castle or have some Cinderella crazed little ones, I don't see much draw in CRT anymore, ESPECAILLY for breakfast. I don't mind their dinner so much, but they have pulled a bunch of the extras, and honestly, the picture isn't that great (and you can add it to your photopass account anyway).

BrerGnat
03-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Is this holiday premium in effect for ALL TS meals, or just character meals? Is there somewhere that shows the dates this is in effect?

DizneyRox
03-22-2010, 01:48 PM
From what I've been able to glean off some web sites:

The Dining Plan has the following "peak" dates:
Feb. 12 - Apr. 10
June 4 - Aug. 14
Dec. 17 - 31

The Holiday Surcharge dates appear to be:
April 5 – April 18 (Easter)
May 24 – July 11 (Summer)
November 22 – November 29 (Turkey Day)
December 16 – January 3 (XMas)

Not sure about those as there's a weird disjoint in the dates. You would think they would be one for one, but this is Disney folks! It doesn't have to make sense, except to the bean counters.

mrmcgiv
03-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Unfortunatey we have never eaten in the castle. I REALLY wish we did last trip, but I did not want to use two TS..and in the end we had an extra TS left that we used up at MAYA Grill at CSR and it was just AWFUL and a waste of our TS credit.

My daughter will be 9 and is over princesses, and my son will be 6 and is in to star wars etc I just wanted to eat in the castle JUST ONCE - but if there is a premium over what I read for Bfast of $22/$32 for child/Adult I just can't see doing it, esp for breakfast food . If we were going on DDP I would absolutely do dinner...but would never pay OOP for the dinner prices.

THANKS

Yeah, the holiday premium on CRT stings. I'd pass..

The DDP used to be better when it stayed the same and the holiday premium was in place, now they increase the DDP as well, so it's a waste.

Unless you've never eated in the castle or have some Cinderella crazed little ones, I don't see much draw in CRT anymore, ESPECAILLY for breakfast. I don't mind their dinner so much, but they have pulled a bunch of the extras, and honestly, the picture isn't that great (and you can add it to your photopass account anyway).