PDA

View Full Version : Park Capacity

Plex
03-21-2010, 09:49 PM
I was wondering how things work when a park hits capacity for the day. When people leave the park, will they allow people to enter again? How about once EMH starts?

BigRedDad
03-22-2010, 07:27 AM
There are different levels of capacity. There is a point where only resort guests can enter and a level where no one can enter. This is typically during Christmas holiday and maybe 4th of July and Easter.

Resort guests are guaranteed admittance to a park each day, not necessarily the park they want to attend. Since EMH is so broken, EMH could still be at capacity. WDW does not require non-resort guests to exit the parks. They simply cannot go to the attractions. I can see this being a problem as well during busy times of the year.

crltkcagle
03-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Wow I did not know all of that information. THanks for sharing that.

Scar
03-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=152889&highlight=capacity&page=2) and scroll down to post #34.

bxrluv
03-22-2010, 10:40 PM
As freaked out as I am about the crowds since I don't do well in them, I hadn't even thought about the capacity issue. We're staying on property but my older daughter's class is staying off property. I think it's ridiculous that the travel co. that's planned their trip did this since they could have just as cheaply stayed on but that's not my point...I'm worried they may not make it into the parks if they reach level 2 capacity. They're supposed to be spending 3 days there and they're coming all the way from Ohio. I wonder if they make special exceptions for invited guests of DisneyWorld? :confused:

Touchdown
03-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Ive been Easter Week, and Ive been there around the 4th of July (last day was the 3rd.) Ive never been shut out of a park for capacity, and the only time I heard that a park had hit capacity was the MK on Easter Sunday.

Bottom line is this: unless its a gigantic holiday (Christmas, New Years Eve, 4th of July) parks are likely not to hit capacity, and if they do the MK will first, DHS second, Epcot third, and then AK.

Water parks Im told regularly hit capacity in the summer but only for the peak times of early afternoon.

cheeky monkey
03-23-2010, 12:45 PM
MK reached capacity last year when we were there the week before Easter. It was so full they didn't let anyone in after noon-even park guests. It was shoulder to shoulder people.

lettripp
03-23-2010, 01:15 PM
We were shut out of MK when it closed for capacity by 10am a year ago for New Years eve. Does anyone know if the last day of a "busy" week is typically as crowded? We are concerned about the sunday after Easter week...

TheRustyScupper
03-23-2010, 11:32 PM
I wonder if they make special exceptions for invited guests of DisneyWorld?

1) There are no special invited guests.
2) Guests are guests.
3) And, capacity is capacity.
4) If a park is at capacity, NO ONE is admitted.
. . . not people who are AP holders
. . . not people staying at resorts
. . . not people who were in the park and left for a while
. . . not people with ADR's
. . . not people with pre-paid ADR's
. . . not people who are "special invited guests"

Genie1953
03-24-2010, 12:00 AM
As freaked out as I am about the crowds since I don't do well in them, I hadn't even thought about the capacity issue. We're staying on property but my older daughter's class is staying off property. I think it's ridiculous that the travel co. that's planned their trip did this since they could have just as cheaply stayed on but that's not my point...I'm worried they may not make it into the parks if they reach level 2 capacity. They're supposed to be spending 3 days there and they're coming all the way from Ohio. I wonder if they make special exceptions for invited guests of DisneyWorld? :confused:

A number of years ago I went as a chaperone to our local high school band staying off property near Sea World. We were all on the bus on the way to the parks when an announcement came across the radio that they had reached max capacity and admissions had been cut off. Of course we were all in a panic as everyone had their hearts set on going. Fortunately we were told since our tickets were already purchased and designated for that day we were already counted in the numbers and would be allowed admission. When we got there we had absolutely NO problems whatsoever getting in and others WERE getting turned away. Now I can't say this is still the case but it was way back then.