PDA

View Full Version : What is Space Mtn Like after Refurb?

DisneyFr33k
03-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Did they make major changes? What's different? What is the same?

CaptSmee
03-21-2010, 04:18 PM
the only real change was to the wait queue, which is vastly different, featuring interactive games, and more wide open spaces when reaching the boarding area. the ride itself felt much smoother to me, much darker, and strobes/effects seemed much brighter. other than that...same old SM. :blush:

sfunicello
03-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Yep the track is exactly the same but they did change the queue. They also got rid of every aspect of light while on the ride so that it is very dark. :coaster:

Melanie
03-21-2010, 06:15 PM
The seats are also nice and cushioned now.

Briansmom
03-21-2010, 10:06 PM

Are the seats still one person to a seat, two to a car? (one behind the other)

EllieMae
03-21-2010, 10:17 PM
the seat configuration is still the same with tons of leg room (at least for me there was), and we too noticed how dark it was which made the ride seem more fun to me. My DH was in the front and couldn't see the track at all! Oh and they also take your picture so beware ;)

DisneyFr33k
03-22-2010, 05:12 AM

Did they make the seats taller with head support? My only problem is that the old ride was so jerky my head would whip around. I would have been nice if they had made the seats taller so I could lean back and secure my head against the seat.

NJDad
03-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Yup, they have interactive games in the line.

We waited in the line once sans FPs last trip, walked right past the fun, time wasting games to spend 20 minutes weaving around the line on the platform, with no fun, time wasting games to entertain us.

Couldn't figure out the logic on that one.

TikiLounger
03-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Same for us. On our last trip, we rode several times and always ended up walking right past the new queue games area only to wait on the boring platform. The games didn't seem to be turned on. Actually, now that I think of it, I only saw the games being used once during our entire trip...we breezed through the FP line and saw the standby line playing the games. We kinda wished we'd waited in the standby line, that day. I liked the other "subtle" changes they made to the ride, though. The darkness made it more intense for me and the seats are much more comfortable.

DisneyFr33k
03-22-2010, 09:30 AM
and the seats are much more comfortable.

Did they make the seats taller with head support?

TikiLounger
03-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Uh...this is a bit embarrassing, but I didn't notice if the seats are taller. I just remember it seems like they're much more cushioned with a lot more leg room. This makes them easier to get in and out of, too. It works for me because, no matter how many times I've ridden the ride, I always get a bit anxious when it's time to exit and the old Space Mountain cars were, for me, the hardest ones to try and extract myself from under pressure.:blush:

DisneyFr33k
03-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Uh...this is a bit embarrassing, but I didn't notice if the seats are taller. I just remember it seems like they're much more cushioned with a lot more leg room. This makes them easier to get in and out of, too. It works for me because, no matter how many times I've ridden the ride, I always get a bit anxious when it's time to exit and the old Space Mountain cars were, for me, the hardest ones to try and extract myself from under pressure.:blush:

The reason I asked is the old version of the ride was jerky and my head would whip forward and backwards, causing me neck pain and headaches. If it had a tall head support, i could just lean back to secure it - like Everest.

CaptSmee
03-22-2010, 08:18 PM
the seat configuration is still the same with tons of leg room (at least for me there was), and we too noticed how dark it was which made the ride seem more fun to me. My DH was in the front and couldn't see the track at all! Oh and they also take your picture so beware ;)

The cars are exactly the same as they were. No more leg room than previous. I always had to cram myself into it, and still had to this trip. I also couldn't climb out of it either, I practically fell on my rear trying to get my legs unstuck out of it!

The reason I asked is the old version of the ride was jerky and my head would whip forward and backwards, causing me neck pain and headaches. If it had a tall head support, i could just lean back to secure it - like Everest.

The ride was much smoother, a lot less jerky than it used to be. I know exactly what you complain of, and I had no sore neck (just legs) after riding this time.

LoriMistress
03-22-2010, 11:03 PM
I wished they changed the tracks like they did at DLR. The ride would be a million times better if they did that.