PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs?

DisneyFr33k
03-21-2010, 02:53 PM
We are planning our next fall trip to the World and are wanting to try our first moderate resort (we've always done value). I've heard CS has upgraded to 2 queen beds, which is attractive to us as we are a tall family of 4 (DS will be 11 and DD will be 13).

I've read about CS being a place a lot of conventions meet and the possiblity of them blocking off pool areas/amenities.

Is this true? Would there be a chance that we wouldn't be able to enjoy the pool or amenities due to these conventions?

We are torn between CS and POR/POFQ.

Any advice is really appreciated!

mrmcgiv
03-21-2010, 10:29 PM
we went in 12/2008 and there was really no sign of conventions at all. We hit the right timing, I have heard that there are some convemtion crowds at times, not sure if they close any areas BUt we were totally unaffected by conventions

Amy_617
03-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Your gonna really like. It's my second fav moderate and my hubbies first! Yes, it is true that they have two queen beds now....so that's a plus. When we were there, there was hardly no sign at all of a convention. I didn't even see people in suits and ties like most people said I would. We have heard that the eateries can get crowded at around lunch time with conventioners, but we never eat at the resort around lunch time so I can't be sure. Also, I asked the CM upon check in to be placed in the Casitas buiding, but the CM told me that that is were they put the conventioners....so if I wanted a quite room away from that, they could put me somewhere else. We had a room in the ranchos section and LOVED it! We used to quite pool EVERY nite and almost every night, we were the only ones in it! It was great! I think you will really enjoy it. The only thing is this resort is quite large. It doesn't bother my hubby and I, but some people want a resort much smaller. If that is the case, opt for POFQ! Have a great trip!! :mickey:

Gaz10
03-22-2010, 05:00 AM
We have stayed 3 times and the new refurbished rooms are really nice.
We have been there when there have been conventions and it can get a bit rowdy around the Casitas buildings:cheers:,they have had there own DJ in the evening and if you wanna shake your thing nobody seems to mind if you join in the dancing:rocker:We have always stayed in the Cabanas and its always been quiet around there and the pools have never been over crowded.
It really is a nice resort:vacation:

c&d
03-22-2010, 09:32 AM
We've stayed when there has been a convention and they are busy most of the day in meetings. We really never saw them other than when they were coming and going from meetings.

Here's a link that shows the updated rooms at CSR.

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=85c73a0fa38793410031ecd658bfd733#126 9264537925

DisneyFr33k
03-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Looking at the pictures, can you climb the Mayan Pyramid at the main pool?

C&D - I couldn't see your pictures as I don't have a password. :(

buzz2001
03-22-2010, 10:13 AM
No pyramid climbing...sorry.

c&d
03-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Looking at the pictures, can you climb the Mayan Pyramid at the main pool?

C&D - I couldn't see your pictures as I don't have a password. :(

Sorry, I didn't this it was protected try this one:
http://coronadosprings2009.shutterfly.com/

bruin1344
03-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Stayed at CS for week in 5/07. Never found the conventions a nuisance and it didnt interfere with the amenities.

BluewaterBrad
03-22-2010, 02:22 PM
CSR is GREAT!!:mickey:

finaldynasty
06-08-2010, 08:55 PM
CSR is GREAT!!:mickey:

I agree one of my favorite resorts. You will have a blast.

kathiep
06-11-2010, 08:22 AM
We've stayed there twice and conventions never impacted our stays. Sure, sometimes we'd see conventioners walking around but if anything, I'd say the pools were emptier because we'd go for an early afternoon refresher and the conventioners will still in meetings. We don't use the busses but I hear the busses tend to be emptier as well. This is a beautiful resort. Be sure to take a leisurely walk around the lake - especially at night. The dig site is fantastic! We loved the larger beds and we find that there are more choices at the Pepper Market than at other moderate food courts. (although DH loves the make your own pasta counter at POR). I highly recommend trying this resort.

BigRedDad
06-14-2010, 09:16 AM
We were there in March for 4 nights. There were a few conventions going on. You would not know it unless you stayed at Rix Lounge or the restaurants for long periods. I did not like the Pepper Market personally, but others do. The rooms are incredible and I loved it far more than the AKV room we had.

You definitely are not immersed in the Disney theme at CSR. However, the resort is a blast for kids with the pool and playground. The two queen beds and pillows are far more comfortable than I had at AKL or Pop Century.

Mickey'sGirl
06-14-2010, 09:30 AM
I would stay at the Coronado. Great pool and queen sized beds. It is a HUGE resort though, so it sometimes takes a while to get from your room to the main building.