PDA

View Full Version : What if everyone doesn't make it in time?

WDWhuny
03-21-2010, 01:17 PM
We are going with friends who are frequently late to dinner. If the two of them are late and only 4 of the 6 of us are there for our ADR will they let us eat dinner?:confused:

SBETigg
03-21-2010, 01:30 PM
It depends. Some places will only seat you once your party is all together. Others will let you go ahead. I think if you were completely losing the late couple and saying that you had gone from 6 to 4, they should probably accommodate you. Though if the other couple will still be joining you later, you might have to wait for everyone before being seated at some of the venues.

Tinkerfreak
03-21-2010, 01:39 PM
I would wait until everyone was there. If not you will be holding up a table while you wait for them to arrive.
I think at some point maybe you should try mentioning to them that adr's are hard to get and that it is best to be there a few minutes early. Are they experienced Disney guests who know how long it takes to get from point A to point B? If not you might want to mention that too. Our first trip we were late for our HDD dinner show because we underestimated how long it takes to travel there.

Lily
03-21-2010, 04:15 PM
A lot of menus are posted in Info Central. Have them pick out what they would like ahead of time. Those who arrive on time can be seated, order for the entire party, then eat together when the late comers and the food arrives at the table.

Jeri Lynn
03-21-2010, 04:16 PM
If your ADR's are at 5pm could you tell your friends 4:30pm?????

My SIL used to always be late for everything, everyone started giving her an earlier time than when the function actually started....she's much better now.:blush:

CaptSmee
03-21-2010, 04:36 PM
My experience is that most all restaurants at WDW will not seat you unless your entire party is present.

Genie1953
03-21-2010, 11:10 PM
If your ADR's are at 5pm could you tell your friends 4:30pm?????

My SIL used to always be late for everything, everyone started giving her an earlier time than when the function actually started....she's much better now.:blush:

This made me laugh....reminded me of my sister...she is ALWAYS late for everything. Years ago we all decided that we would just tell her to be there an hour earlier than she was actually due. Well she is still late but at least now she is only 15-30 minutes late as opposed to 1hour and 15-30 minutes late. LOL!