PDA

View Full Version : Which day would you go to Animal Kingdom?

goofynmd
03-20-2010, 09:41 PM
I am trying to decide which is the better option. I don't think we plan to do EE since we would have to switch off with the kids. The major things I want to get in are Safari, Lion King Show, Nemo, Walking trails, Bugs and maybe Dinosaur if DS#1 is up for it.

Option #1. Go on a Tuesday, arrive for opening and stay through the morning. Then go back to the hotel for the afternoon and head back late afternoon/early evening for EMH. How are the animals in the evening? I see that the safari and the walking trails are open for EMH, I just question how active the animals would be.

Go on Thursday. We have breakfast at 8:20 at Ohana therefore we wouldn't be there for opening. We could go to the park straight from the restaurant. Seeing as the park would only be open until 5, I would attempt to stay through as much of the afternoon as possible and hope that DS#2 would nap in the stroller (which he has no problem with).

Thanks!

finaldynasty
03-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Speaking from personal experience, I think option 1 is your best bet. I have a 7, 6 and 2 year old. This will be my oldest two DKs fifth time at the parks in six years and option 1 sounds like what we have found to be the most efficient way to go about the parks. The animals are more responsive when the heat is not oppressive, so morning and night is a very good time. Just my two cents...:mickey:

mrmcgiv
03-21-2010, 10:26 PM
When we went to AK the eve EMH was on Wed I think and it was very nice! I would do option 1. It did seem to be crowded on the Eve EMH day but we arrived at 1 or 2 and stayed until 9. I think by going n the early Am and then returning at night you will be in great shape

joelkfla
03-21-2010, 11:35 PM
I see that the safari and the walking trails are open for EMH, I just question how active the animals would be.
Currently, Kilimanjaro Safari and the animal walking trails are not open for evening EMH.

Depending on park closing time and time of sunset, KMS may be open for the first hour or so of EMH, but it is a "bonus"; it is not designated an EMH attraction.

goofynmd
03-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Currently, Kilimanjaro Safari and the animal walking trails are not open for evening EMH.

Depending on park closing time and time of sunset, KMS may be open for the first hour or so of EMH, but it is a "bonus"; it is not designated an EMH attraction.

Thanks for the info. I was going based on the EMH list here on Intercot.

bruin1344
03-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Never done EMH PM at AK, assumed it would be too crowded and not enough open

I would do Tuesday AM but skip EMH PM. I think you will get everything in AK accomplished in the AM. I think Tue is better than Thu because it will be crowded the closer you get to the weekend plus you are going later in the AM because of your breakfast scheduled

joelkfla
03-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I was going based on the EMH list here on Intercot.
Here is the official list for this week, directly from the EMH Times Guide:

The Boneyard (DinoLand U.S.A.)

DINOSAUR (DinoLand U.S.A.)

Expedition Everest–Legend of the Forbidden Mountain™ (Asia)

Festival of the Lion King (Camp Minnie–Mickey) – 7:00pm

It’s Tough to be a Bug!(Discovery Island)

Kali River Rapids (Asia)

Primeval Whirl (DinoLand U.S.A.)

TriceraTop Spin (DinoLand U.S.A.)

Darbylew
03-22-2010, 05:58 PM
We have done EMH at AK and loved it. I think
the best times for the trails is late afternoon.
We saw the tigers playing together in the water. I do think for KF the best time to see
the animals is early morning. Have a fun trip.
I will be there on May 10 til May 16. Can't wait
to get back in the land of Mickey and the Magic!

badkitty
03-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Is this your first time or have you been to AK before? You want to be sure to catch the parade "Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade." It usually runs at 3:45 but has been known to switch to 4 and 4:15. Definitely worth it! :thumbsup: