PDA

View Full Version : crowds this last week at 10s march14 on

happy day
03-20-2010, 04:53 PM
I read that the crowds were at 10s this week, and that is was as packed as Christmas. Is this true, and are the crowds lessening now that the week-end is here?

AXOAlum
03-20-2010, 05:13 PM
No clue about this weekend, but on our trip this time last year (we went for DD's 1st b'day... her 2nd is tomorrow) and we vowed never again. It was so crowded - I have been during the summer months and dealt with smaller crowds. I even checked the spring break schedules, and something like 5% of schools were on spring break during this time frame. It was strange to experience the crowd level we had when I expected it to be much lighter.

Strmchsr
03-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Having talked to some of my CM friends, no crowds are not going down and they don't see any downturn until after Easter. It looks like the rest of the spring may be heavier than anticipated which is catching WDW off guard, just like last year. A lot of folks are doing last minute bookings, which is throwing their projections way off.

BriarRose0708
03-20-2010, 05:36 PM
I am not familiar with a numbering system to gauge crowds, but it was veeeeery crowded this week. Wait times after 11 a.m. were atrocious. Resort buses from parks at closing time were packed, at one time there were four buses at the Pop stop at EPCOT alone. If we hadn't been at each park for opening there was no way we would have been able to see or do everything we wanted. I've never been at Christmas time so I can't compare, but I also will never go in March again for spring break unless I absolutely have to!

bxrluv
03-20-2010, 08:27 PM
:eek::hide2::eyes::crowd: Oh dear lord....I'm ascared!!

potzie
03-20-2010, 09:32 PM
I saw that the crowds were crazy and one of my co-workers came back on Friday. He said that it was very busy.

It was March Break for those of us in Ontario and that's about 1,000,000 children out of school. We do like our WDW, I unfortunately this year was not able to be one of them.

I'm sure that coupled with who ever in the US was on Spring Break must have made it just jammed.

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
03-20-2010, 09:52 PM
I am not familiar with a numbering system to gauge crowds, but it was veeeeery crowded this week. Wait times after 11 a.m. were atrocious. Resort buses from parks at closing time were packed, at one time there were four buses at the Pop stop at EPCOT alone. If we hadn't been at each park for opening there was no way we would have been able to see or do everything we wanted. I've never been at Christmas time so I can't compare, but I also will never go in March again for spring break unless I absolutely have to!

Ditto to all this!

I don't regret being down here right now, but I sure didn't think it would be this bad. The crazy thing is that there were times when, using the Disney mobile site, I walked right on to attractions like Splash Mtn or BTMRR during the middle of the day, but there were times when it was literally difficult to maneuver through the parks.

The weather is beautiful, but I don't think I'll be coming down here during this time of the year again either.

One thing i've noticed in the last decade or so is that crowd levels, overall, are increasing, and they're increasing during all times of the year. I've pretty much been at every point in the year except Christmas/New Years, and I just don't think there's a huge down time anymore. The best time I've ever gone is around the marathon, but I've heard that it's projected to be at levels like 12 out of 10, CRAZY packed, so none of y'all should ever go around marathon time! :) Just kidding, you're welcome to go while we're running!