PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast in Hollywood Studios

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
03-19-2010, 09:18 PM
For those of you who have eaten breakfast in Hollywood Studios, where did you eat at?

the other micki
03-19-2010, 11:11 PM
The only time we've eaten breakfast in DS, we ate some cinnamon rolls at Starring Rolls. I believe it was on the corner as you head toward Rocknrollercoaster and Tower of Terror. The cinnamon rolls were huge and super delicious!

joebobodo
03-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Starring Rolls is always one of our first stops when we go to Hollywood Studios. As the above poster alluded to, they have fantastic patries, etc...

T-Belle
03-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Another vote for Starring Rolls. Fresh and Delicious offerings. YUM!

Goofy Pluto
03-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Been to Starring Rolls and Hollywood & Vine.

Really good stuff at Starring Rolls. Recommend it.

Hollywood & Vine is probably my least favorite buffet breakfast on property. I can't really recommend it. It's OK but so many of the other breakfast buffets are so much better that I just can't recommend it.

mook3y
03-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Not in DHS, but close by is Cape May at the Beach Club resort. This is a good breakfast buffet with Mickey & Minnie.

candleshoe
03-20-2010, 11:05 PM
The Hollywood and Vine breakfast buffet is a must do for us since we have 4 little boys. It is the most interactive charcter breakfast and they love getting up to dance with the characters. They have the kids up it seems like every 10-15 minutes to dance. BUT...It's really time to update the characters. The Little Einsteins are OK but their star is fading a bit now I think and JoJo and Goliath? Can you say has-beens? If they brought in Phineas and Ferb and changed all the music to songs from their show, it would be the most popular breakfast in the Parks. Anyone listening out there at WDW??? Also, don't expect a nice relaxing meal as the parents- between trying to take pictures of them up and dancing and then the characters coming to the tables between the dance numbers, and getting food for the kids..Let's just say I've never had a full cup of hot coffee there!

EllieMae
03-20-2010, 11:19 PM
The muffins at Starring Roles are great! This year we also had the breakfast bagel sandwich with egg and bacon at a stand near the Tower of Terror and it was great too.

phlo8810
03-22-2010, 07:56 PM
We ate at H&V in november and loved it. The kids liked the characters because they were different than the usual mickey, donald and goofy etc. I had no idea who any of them were but they did. I thought the food was great and I rank it right up there with tusker house breakfast which we love. Definitely will be going back. If I remember correctly I think they also had some different menu items than the other buffetts as well but I can remember the specifics.

hlkeck
03-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Can you imagine a Phineas and Ferb character meal?

I'd go to Disney for that reason alone...

IrishMickey
03-23-2010, 10:19 AM
We have the Phineas and Ferb CD in the car and we rock out to it each day! My kids would love to dine with them at Chez Platupus. The characters at this meal are the reason we don't go, hopefully they can update.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-23-2010, 11:21 AM
We have gone to ABC Commissary for breakfast. While it is no where on the menu online, they do have breakfast options on the restaurant menu. Their options are the usual CS breakfast meals... kind of a breakfast platter (eggs, meat, toast/biscuit, hash browns). The last time we did that it was about the same price as the resorts... $5-6 maybe?

When it was just DH and I, we did breakfast at ABC Commissary every visit to DHS or MGM (what it was called back then). We did the same thing at Tusker house in AK. Sadly, that has become TS and no longer CS. :( One of the best secrets!!

Mousefever
03-23-2010, 11:30 AM
We have gone to ABC Commissary for breakfast. While it is no where on the menu online, they do have breakfast options on the restaurant menu. Their options are the usual CS breakfast meals... kind of a breakfast platter (eggs, meat, toast/biscuit, hash browns). The last time we did that it was about the same price as the resorts... $5-6 maybe?

When it was just DH and I, we did breakfast at ABC Commissary every visit to DHS or MGM (what it was called back then). We did the same thing at Tusker house in AK. Sadly, that has become TS and no longer CS. :( One of the best secrets!!

Beware! I have a feeling that ABC Commissary must only be open seasonally. We tried to go there in January, but the only place open for a quick breakfast was Starring Rolls. Unfortunately, it was packed and it was raining, and the only seating is outside with table umbrellas.

Amy

Jared
03-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Not a lot of breakfast options at the Studios, which suffers from an overall dearth of good dining. Starring Rolls is probably the best bet, unless you're interested in the character meal at Hollywood & Vine.

I recommend avoiding the ABC Commissary at all costs.

Zawadi
03-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Another vote for Starring Rolls. Fresh and Delicious offerings. YUM!

Totally agree

I recommend avoiding the ABC Commissary at all costs.

:ditto:
Totally agree

the other micki
03-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Can you imagine a Phineas and Ferb character meal?

I'd go to Disney for that reason alone...

Definitely!

wdwvacationeer
03-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Another vote for Starring Rolls- breakfast or lunch!

MNNHFLTX
03-24-2010, 09:59 AM
When we were at the Studios last December, the Toluca Legs Turkey Company on Sunset Boulevard was serving up breakfast sandwiches, juice, etc. in the morning (very reasonably priced).

Scar
03-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Not a lot of breakfast options at the Studios, which suffers from an overall dearth of good dining.:ditto: ... assuming "dearth" means "lack". ;)

Last time there I had a pretzel for breakfast.

Amy_617
03-24-2010, 03:47 PM
We ate at the Hollywood & Vine Character breakfast. It wasn't bad at all. Like the above poster stated it is all about the lil ones...dancing and loud music happens about every 10-15 mins. But we took our 1 year old there and he loved it! clapping to all the music and grabbing characters noses....I wouldn't trade those pictures in for anything in the world! :cloud9:

fernsmommy
03-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Last time we were there in 2007 we did the character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. My daughter had just turned 3 and she was totally in love with the Little Einsteins and Jojo and Goliath. I think it should stayed geared towards preschoolers with Playhouse Disney characters. They could probably update the characters to maybe Handy Manny and Special Agent Oso or Darby.