PDA

View Full Version : How is Sannaa?

Karen5
03-19-2010, 05:54 PM
I haven't seen much about this restaurant mentioned. The menu looks fabulous. All reviews welcomed!!:mickey:

Wishmaker
03-19-2010, 07:55 PM
I have booked dinner there for my upcoming trip. I would like to know the same question. Hopefully someone will come along and give us some feedback. .... If not looks like we will be the first. :mickey:

TinkiTime1989
03-19-2010, 08:08 PM
We made last minute reservations there on the recommendation of a guest services CM at EPCOT on our last trip. We were all a little skeptical about trying a new cuisine but were very glad we did. It was by far the best meal we had the entire trip. Two of us had the Tandoori Lamb Chops while one had Chicken with Red Curry Sauce/Beef Short Ribs combo. We also split the Sampler for Two as an appetizer between the three of us. All of the food was wonderful and we will definitely be back there on our next visit.

mouseketeer mom
03-19-2010, 08:42 PM
This is a fabulous place. My whole family loved it. This one is a keeper!!!
The bread appetizer with dipping sauces was outrageous. Both the red and green currys and short ribs were out of this world. We absolutely loved everything we put in our mouth here. LOVED it. All while looking at giraffe out the window. One of our favorite dining experiences we have had. In WDW or out.

Wishmaker
03-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the feed back. I know this was not my post, but I was needed the same question answered. I am really excited about dining there. This has made it that much more excited. We love animal kingdom lodge as well. This will be fabulous.

svarhall07
03-22-2010, 12:33 PM
I ate there 3 weeks after opening and was very disappointed. I love Boma and Jiko and was hoping for a similar experience of new bold flavors, but we really just had boring food in tiny portions. We had the indian style bread service and the sampler for two for appetizers. The bread was good, but there wasn't enough of it, and the sampler was horrible. The cauliflower was in a red sauce that was very bland. For my entree, I had the tandoori chicken which was very small and not very appetizing, I struggled to eat the last few bites. At this point, we were disappointed so we headed to EPCOT for dessert.

The highlight was getting a table right next to the window and watching giraffes and other animals right from our dinner table. There were always animals right near the windows.

I won't be returning however, I'll definitely stick to my favorite, Boma, or a more elegant Jiko.

epceddie
03-22-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm not a big fan of African/Indian food, but we've had three great dinners at Sanaa and my wife loves the place. The bread appetizer is very good. We both like the short ribs and the curried chicken. We had a table with a window looking out onto the savannah the last time we were there in January and we saw three giraffes! All of our visits have been memorable and the restaurant has some of the best waiters and waitresses at WDW. I just wish the bar had more seats. We wanted to sit down and have a drink before our reservation in January, but the handful of seats at the bar were all occupied, so Disney lost out on the chance to grab at least $20 more dollars from us.

Karen5
03-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks for you replies!!!! Looks like I'll be making a reservation!!

LVT
03-26-2010, 11:27 PM
May 09, 3 of us enjoyed it. I liked Boma better, but we will go again and not just for the giraffes.
We went for different and got it. Iowa mom

ThanxForNoticin
03-27-2010, 10:52 AM
We had the opportunity to eat there last week for the first time. I will admit I was a bit unsure, because it really is a lot different from Boma - one of our all-time favorites. But our server talked with us about our likes and dislikes before we ordered, and we ended up having a wonderful meal. The breads, the sauces, and the variety were great. We will most definitely return in the future, and we'll recommend it to anyone to at least give it a try. I hope you get the chance!