PDA

View Full Version : 5 days until I can make ADR's....

PopPhan
03-19-2010, 11:49 AM
....and I only have 7 of the 10 meals planned!!!

We are headed to WDW from Sept. 20 - 30 -- 10 nights and I have planned the following:

Boma
Grand Floridian Cafe
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
'Ohana
Sanaa
Yak & Yeti

No days scheduled, but we are looking for later - closer to fireworks/closing times.

We are not interested in Character meals, nor are we interested in "Signature Dining" (2 TS credits.)

We are looking for more resort based dining this trip and have already eaten at The Wave (not really impressed.)

What would be good options for 4 adults, no kids, for our final 3 meals? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

renecat
03-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Are you looking to eat in the MK before the fireworks so you just have to find a place to watch them?

PopPhan
03-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Actually, no. We are looking at eating at the resorts rather than the parks. We would like to eat dinner then go to whatever park is closest for its closing show.

There are a few in my list (Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Yak & Yeti) that were picked so that we can actually be IN a park at closing time, but those are the exception rather than the rule for this trip.

Tygger7
03-19-2010, 12:57 PM
This isn't a resort, but I would HIGHLY recommend Rose & Crown (with a 7:15-8:00pm reservation)...then you can have a wonderful spot to watch Illuminations.

Another suggestion, again, not a resort, but Raglan Road at Downtown Disney.

If you like seafood, maybe try Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club...that's the only other resort restaurant I can think of that I would recommend.

bruin1344
03-19-2010, 12:58 PM
some of my favorites not on your list: Teppan Edo, Rose & Crown, Cape May, and Wolfgang Puck.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-19-2010, 01:20 PM
I second Cape May Cafe - on a recommendation by my parents as we've not eaten here yet.

Wolfgang Puck has great sushi!!!

Kouzzina - can't wait to try this one ourselves and I've read good things about it.

Maya Grill - never ate here but, always have been interested in eating here (especially if your looking for more resort locations.)

I know I may get roasted for this... but, we like Sci-Fi Dine-In . Food is just good, but, we go for the whole theme experience. Gotta have fun for dinner too!

VWL Mom
03-19-2010, 02:18 PM
How about Kona Cafe? You could go back to MK for fireworks or out to the beach for the Electric Water Pageant.

sassy2000
03-19-2010, 02:35 PM
We like Whispering Canyon Cafe and Cape May. I've also heard good things about Raglan Road but have never been.

svarhall07
03-19-2010, 03:28 PM
everything on your list looks excellent except Sanaa (we didn't enjoy it at all, I was there about 3 weeks after its opening).

I'd recommend Spoodles at the Boardwalk, wonderful food and you have some great areas to explore before/after.

Also, if you have 2 TS or want to pay OOP, try California Grill!!! It's my favorite signature and you'll be at the top of the Contemporary and have amazing views!

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-19-2010, 03:29 PM
I'd recommend Spoodles at the Boardwalk, wonderful food and you have some great areas to explore before/after.

Spoodles is gone :(

Kouzzina's is there instead. (a restaurant we plan to try soon)

PopPhan
03-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Have eaten at Kouzzina....not for us.

Liked Sanaa - Fish in Banana Leaf was excellent!

DW doesn't care for Raglan Road - too loud.

Cape May and Wolfgang Puck Cafe are on the 'short list' - haven't been to Cape May, but really liked Wolfgang Puck's when we ate there a couple trips ago.

Rose & Crown could be on 'short list' - we liked sitting by the water during Illuminations, but weren't crazy about the food. (And I got ash all over me - she was under the awning, I wasn't!! LOL)

In-laws going with us aren't crazy about Teppan Edo, so that one's out.

Thanks for all the input! This is still going to be fun!!!

pixiesmimi
03-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Le Chef's is good.

PopPhan
03-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Well, this morning was our 180 day flag and I booked all our meals - all dinners:)

Sept. 20 Sanaa 5:45pm
Sept. 21 San Angel Inn 6:00
Sept. 22 Yak & Yeti 5:45
Sept. 23 Tutto Italia 6:05
Sept. 24 Boma 6:05
Sept. 25 'Ohana 6:20
Sept. 26 Grand Floridian Cafe 6:15
Sept. 27 Le Celier 6:00
Sept. 28 Cape May Cafe 6:25
Sept. 29 Coral Reef 5:50

For DW and I, only San Angel and Cape May are new; for DW's sister and B-I-L, only Boma ISN'T!!

T-minus 180.....AND COUNTING!!!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Congrats! :thumbsup:

With your dining line up, don't forget your stretchy pants!! :D