PDA

View Full Version : Any paper money collectors out there?

Mr. Brass Bonanza
03-19-2010, 09:45 AM
I was looking through some old stuff and I found five $2 bills from the 1976 series. All five are crisp and in mint condition, at least to the eye. They reminded me of brand new bills you get out of an ATM where you have a hard time separating them. What amazed me is they are in sequential serial number order. Now, I know if I asked someone what these might be worth, I would be told, "duh...ten dollars" or "whever someone would pay for them." I don't plan on getting rid of them, for no other reason than I think they're neat. But do collectors place any value on dollar bills in sequential order? I'm just curious.

Thanks.

Altair
03-19-2010, 06:27 PM
It varies by Federal Reserve district, The Black Book has them at $7 to $4 for most districts, while Kansas City is $25 and Minneapolis is $10, this represents the relative rarity. This price is for crisp uncirculated notes and represents the high price not what you will get at a dealer. The consecutive notes will up the price somewhat. You best bet to get a good price is eBay.:mickey: