PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Food & Wine Fest Question

Belle619
03-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi All,

My sister and I will be going to the Food & Wine fest for the first time this year! Should we even bother to make a reservation at one of the restaurants, or are there enough counter service/food kiosks for us to fill up on during the day? I know we're going to want to try as many different foods as possible this trip.

Do the restaurants do anything special during this time that we shouldn't miss?

Thanks!

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-18-2010, 04:04 PM
I love to eat tapas style... little servings of all different stuff.

Believe me, you will be fine without a table service meal.

We don't make any dining plans on EPCOT day when we are there for food and wine fest.

we graze literally all day long... :pig: or should that be a cow??? :D

poeticeclipse
03-18-2010, 04:33 PM
If you're not on the dining plan and you want to get a variety i'd definitely say don't bother with a table service meal. The table service restaurants don't do anything special for F&WF so you're not missing out on anything extra.

Remember some servings are larger than others. My mom got some rice from Argentina(?) and it was a huge serving. Very filling. I got a scallop with peppers and onions from another pavillion and while it was probably my favorite of the things I ate, the serving was smaller. The Fishermans pie was a large serving item that I got though. The desserts are typically quite sizeable.

My advice is to try and find some pictures of the food served so you have an example and then compare it to your appetite.

megustamex
03-18-2010, 04:36 PM
There are usually about 30 booths for F&W serving about 3-4 items each. Unless you want to do a sit-down meal at some point, I don't think you'll tire of the food at the F&W festival. It takes us at least 2-3 days to hit all the booths we're interested in, and we don't eat at all of them. In addition, the counter service restaurants at all of the countries are still available if you want something more substantial but don't feel like having a table service meal. The only thing with the festival is that you do have to eat standing up when it's busy, which it usually is. There just aren't enough benches and extra tables set up to handle the extra crowds. Doesn't bother me though, we love it!

Alaska Disney Fan
03-18-2010, 07:17 PM
We always save our snack credits for the booths at Epcot, you can try all sorts of glorious food (beer and wines too) that you normally wouldn't get a chance to taste. We spend at least one afternoon/evening in World showcase. Haven't been in 3 years and are looking forward to our Sept/Oct trip this year. You can usually find a menu from the booths a lttle closer to the festival, so you can see what they are serving.

caryrae
03-18-2010, 08:14 PM
It's easy to fill up just trying all the samples at each booth. I had to go around twice to let my stomach empty a little so I could try what I missed the first time. It can add up with all the samples you can buy but well worth IMHO.