PDA

View Full Version : What does Deluxe Studio mean?

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-18-2010, 08:24 AM
We are booked at Kidani village and I just looked online at the reservation information. We have a Deluxe Studio - Standard. What does that mean exactly?

I'm trying to find info on the "Deluxe" part but, can't seem to find anything.

DVC2004
03-18-2010, 08:35 AM
I believe it refers to the name Disney calls DVC units now- "Deluxe Villas" or "Dsiney Deluxe Villa Resorts". It's a regular studio standard view.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-18-2010, 08:40 AM
I believe it refers to the name Disney calls DVC units now- "Deluxe Villas" or "Dsiney Deluxe Villa Resorts". It's a regular studio standard view.

That's crazy. Our SSR studio ressie didn't say deluxe. I switched to Kidani and it now says Deluxe.

Funny thing is that it is 13 less points to stay at the "deluxe" studio. :D

VWL Mom
03-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Could it be how they differentiate Kidani and Jambo?

Goofy4TheWorld
03-18-2010, 03:28 PM
I believe Disney literally updated their descriptions this week. I have been looking for a One-Bed BLT for a month now, and the only thing that was available was listed as "Studio Bay Lake View". Since about Monday, they now call it "Deluxe Studio With Lake View."

So I think the word Deluxe was just added this week.

Aurora
03-18-2010, 04:26 PM
They're calling all the villas "deluxe" now. As in value resort hotels, moderate resort hotels, deluxe resort hotels, and deluxe villas. I guess "home away from home" was sounding too....er....homey.

DVC2004
03-18-2010, 09:56 PM
That's crazy. Our SSR studio ressie didn't say deluxe. I switched to Kidani and it now says Deluxe.

Funny thing is that it is 13 less points to stay at the "deluxe" studio. :D

Ouch! Just trying to answer your question.

Maybe you should call MS and let us know what they say.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-18-2010, 10:28 PM

I think you completely misinterpreted her post. :confused:

Aurora
03-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Yes, I don't think she was saying you're crazy but that it changing to a deluxe designation was crazy.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-19-2010, 08:53 AM

:stop: I TOTALLY was calling the whole "change the name to deluxe for no real reason" crazy, not you!!!

I'd never insult anyone on here on purpose and am so sorry you read my post that way! :hands:

I'll do my best to be more specific when posting. :sorry:

DVC2004
03-19-2010, 04:48 PM
:stop: I TOTALLY was calling the whole "change the name to deluxe for no real reason" crazy, not you!!!

I'd never insult anyone on here on purpose and am so sorry you read my post that way! :hands:

I'll do my best to be more specific when posting. :sorry:

Oops- I am sorry! I misunderstood!!! No apology necessary!:thumbsup: