PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Villas - Any Renovations Scheduled In The Foreseeable Future?

FIRSTBORNWONDER
03-18-2010, 12:10 AM
My family's home resort is the Beach Club Villas. Although we love the Beach Club for all that it has to offer we feel the rooms there specifically the furnitures and lighting desperately need updating. There has been rooms in the Villa where my family has stayed with furniture missing knobs and the lighting in the kitchen is so dim that it make everything look dingy. I've left several message with member services to see if I can find out if remodeling is in the foreseeable future but never heard back. All the newer villas are beautiful with flat screen TVs and brightly color furniture, I would love to see some of that new look make it's way to the Beach Club Villas.

AirlineGuy07
03-19-2010, 03:01 PM
First of all Welcome to Intercot!!:fworks:

I think I heard that some of the villas rooms have been remodeled but not all of them. We are staying there in May and hope to get a remodeled room. Hopefully someone else could shed some more light on this subject.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-19-2010, 03:31 PM
I don't have anymore insight for you but...

:welcome: !! :wave:

doodleboy
03-28-2010, 08:27 PM
We were there in Sept 09 and noticed that rooms were remodeled on the hotel side, but not the villas side at that point. I would hope some of that spills over soon, if not already. We are going in May as well. I agree, it needs it badly. I had to call engineering for several issues last time. Could not lock balcony door, light bulb out, and bathroom sink not draining properly. Not to mention the carpet was not clean to say the least. If they would turn the air conditioning to a reasonable rate in common areas, maybe they would have enough money for updates. It is always freezing in hallways and lobby area. :twocents:

DVC2004
03-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Welcome also! To answer your question, I don't know but I agree. It's a shame that our dues go to maintain and upkeep but things haven't looked like any money has been spent on those things at certain resorts. It's disappointing!

AirlineGuy07
03-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Don't some of the rooms now have flat screen TV's? I thought since a room would have a flat screen TV it would be remodeled too???

FIRSTBORNWONDER
04-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Have not had a room with a flat screen. Going down over Thanksgiving week this year but this time staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I know it will only frustrate me to see how updated this resort is compare to ours. Would it help to attend the annual meeting?

Disney_Barbie
04-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Don't some of the rooms now have flat screen TV's? I thought since a room would have a flat screen TV it would be remodeled too???

I have the same question / confusion. I thought most ( not all, but a pretty reasonable amount) of the BCV rooms have already been renovated (updated w/ flatscreens and dvd players), is this not true?