PDA

View Full Version : my TS reservations and online reservation system ?

svarhall07
03-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Table service dining reservations finally set!

Monday - 'Ohana dinner @ 9:40pm (hoping to see Wishes)

Tuesday - Restaurant Marrekesk in Morocco dinner

Wednesday - Coral Reef lunch, Boma dinner

Thursday - Donald's Safari character breakfast (OOP), 50s Prime Time Cafe dinner

Friday - Grand Floridian Cafe breakfast (OOP)

We are paying out of pocket for the 2 breakfasts because they are the least expensive meals and we want to get the most of the dining plan. Each of the restaurants is new for at least one person in our group, so we look forward to trying everything out.

Two questions: do you like the online reservation system (I'm not very impressed)

do you think I can put appetizers, alcohol, and tips on the gift card I'll get at check-in per the current promotion?

Dragongirlx
03-18-2010, 04:28 AM
They look like good reservations.

In answer to your question I for one am very happy with the online reservation system. I find it easy to use and it takes all the hassle out.
However I am in the UK and I always found that having to phone for reservations was time consuming and expensive. This is much easier for me

PharmD
03-18-2010, 07:14 AM
They all look good to me, but I do love food at WDW ;). I like the online reservation just because its more convenient for me because I can do it as I have the time. As far as the giftcard I believe you can use it for all of the things you said. Here is a link to the Disney Gift Card website. http://www.disneygiftcard.com You can check the balance of your card here as well.

SBETigg
03-18-2010, 07:27 AM
I love the online system. They gave a variety of available times around the times I requested. They sent me the confirmation email so I could just print it up instead of writing down things while on the phone. I was able to look around, check menus, get the reservations I wanted, no stress.

vicster
03-18-2010, 09:36 AM
I used the online reservations system last Sunday and definitely found it more convenient. If the dining times I wanted weren't available it showed what times were. I found it very easy and convenient.

svarhall07
03-18-2010, 11:16 PM
one of my major issues with the online system is that you can check a date range, but you can't check a time range. I would like to say I'll be there Monday, May 17th and want to eat at Chef Mickeys for breakfast and it give me all the available time slots. I don't like having to check every hour or so in hopes that there is an option.

Jared
03-19-2010, 12:03 AM
I love the online system for many of the reasons Sherri mentioned. It's so much more convenient than calling every day to check for openings, and you never have to wait on hold!

KylesMom
03-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Double-agree with the on-line ressie system. Not too sophisticated, but I got evey ADR that I wanted with the exception of Fantasmic Dining Package. That one I had to call for.:mickey: LOVE the printable ressies . . . .

SBETigg
03-19-2010, 06:55 AM
one of my major issues with the online system is that you can check a date range, but you can't check a time range. I would like to say I'll be there Monday, May 17th and want to eat at Chef Mickeys for breakfast and it give me all the available time slots. I don't like having to check every hour or so in hopes that there is an option.

If you call, do you make them list off every available time? Do you not narrow it to a range before you call to make your ADRs? I do. So I guess to me, I get what I need by just typing in the time I'm aiming for and seeing what they offer me in that range. It's not necessary for Disney to open their reservations book and show me everything they've got. I don't think many restaurants outside of WDW would do that, either.