PDA

View Full Version : QSDP... 5 days to go :)

tazo
03-17-2010, 11:20 PM
HI,
i need your help,
i have not decided if we would get the QSDP or not... we will get breakfast stuff from garden grocers, and we have 4 kids ranging from 2 to 13. so TS would be difficult, we may do it once or twice OOP.
1. do you know if Juhari store at Kidani AKL has an area we could use our disney mugs for refills, to make it worthwhile. also snacks
2. do you think it is worth it or not especially that we do like to get a couple of snacks a day. but we will get water and some food supplies for breakfast and such.
i appreciate your input. :confused:

SBETigg
03-18-2010, 08:07 AM
If you like paying in advance, then it's a good way to go. Not sure if you'll just be breaking even or spending more with the plan, though. It depends on how you eat at WDW. I think you might be better off OOP. Are you leaving in five days? In which case, I think it is too late to add any dining plan.

betteratmk
03-18-2010, 09:07 AM
You can still add it on today I think, are most of your children over 10? That may be the deciding factor, there are some substantial QS meals out there like in Sunshine Seasons or FlameTree.

BigRedDad
03-18-2010, 09:44 AM
If you get the QSDP, the kids under 10 are stuck with the kids menu. If your children are like my DD, she grazes and never eats a meal. My opinion is that if I didn't map out everything to a T and plan more so than the regular DDP, I would definitely lose money on the QSDP. A typical counter service meal could feed my DD and I or my DW and I.

To me, it is not worth it and you can find that out on your own with your own habits. We were art Mara several times at AKL. Most of the time, people are giving away free meals because they had them left over and end at midnight. One lady gave away 13 meals on her card.

Do the math, plan the QS meals accordingly, and determine for yourself if it is worth it. I recommend using the following as a guide:

Meal: $9
Drink: $2.50
Dessert: $3
Snack: $4

If you can eat this at each meal, twice a day, you will only break even. In most cases, you will come out behind.

tazo
03-18-2010, 11:03 AM
thanks guys...
after thinking about it i think OOP is best.
but I will save the reciepts so i can make the calcolations and see how much it would cost me, so i can get the best deal next visit.

PetefromRI
03-19-2010, 09:06 AM
We really like the QSDP but it's just my wife and I.If you have under 10's you won't do to well.We do a little better than breaking even but I think that you'd do much better OOP.They keep increasing the price though so I think that this may be our last QSDP.We are done with the regular DDP unless they bought the App.and gratuity included back which will never happen.