PDA

View Full Version : Repeal Daylight Saving Time

Granny Jill A
03-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Here I am again, trying to recover from the Fed Gov messing around with the time. Twice a year it feels like I've been hit with a 2 by 4 because of the time switch.

I'm all for starting a petition to eliminate this artificial time adjustment.

Who's with me?

Goofy4TheWorld
03-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Not me, I love DST.

However, if you want to penition to eliminate Standard time, I am all for it. I need my sunlight in the afternoon. :mickey:

Granny Jill A
03-17-2010, 01:56 PM
I love sunlight, too. I probably should say that I want the government to pick a time and stay with it. We're not going to get a lot of sunlight in the dead of winter, and the arguments for switching the time back and forth are laughable.

I understand that the big supporters of DST are the outdoor recreation businesses and the retailers. For obvious reasons.....

SBETigg
03-17-2010, 02:04 PM
It doesn't bother me. I adjust really quickly. In fact, I actually like it.

Disneyfirsttimer
03-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Here I am again, trying to recover from the Fed Gov messing around with the time. Twice a year it feels like I've been hit with a 2 by 4 because of the time switch.

I'm all for starting a petition to eliminate this artificial time adjustment.

Who's with me?

I'm with you! I am still so tired from the clock change this past weekend. My kids are not tired at night and cannot get up in the morning. I do agree I love the extra sunlight, but the time change really kills me. I am dragging this week :(.

faline
03-17-2010, 02:11 PM
It takes me about a week to recover each time around. I'd prefer if we did not switch back and forth all the time!

MNNHFLTX
03-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Not me either--I love DST and wish it was in effect all year. Having extra daylight at the end of the day is wonderful! :thumbsup:

Scar
03-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Twice a year it feels like I've been hit with a 2 by 4 because of the time switch.I disagree with this. While the first couple of days this week can be brutal, I love the first few days after "falling back". In fact, the day we turn our clocks back is my favorite day of the year, seriously. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
03-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Not me either--I love DST and wish it was in effect all year. Having extra daylight at the end of the day is wonderful! :thumbsup:

I'm just the opposite. I hate having to get up in the morning when it's still dark. I don't like it being dark at 7 am. But, overall, I do agree with the idea that I wish they'd just pick one or the other and stick with it.

Amen, Brother Scar. That is indeed a glorious day that passes too fleetingly.

Melanie
03-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Hate DST! The kids going to school in the dark really bothers me.

Disney4us2
03-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Not me, I love DST.

However, if you want to penition to eliminate Standard time, I am all for it. I need my sunlight in the afternoon. :mickey:

:ditto: I love DST. I live for the spring/summer months.

jillluvsdisney
03-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Sorry, I'm not with you on this one. It's one hour. How many of us travel from other time zones to WDW and never give it a second thought ? I will admit it had been hard for me in the past. I start work at 630 am. This year, the change didn't bother me at all.

I love the extra daylight in the evening.

Also, if we eliminated Standard Time, we wouldn't have daylight here until after 8 am December and January.

seanyred
03-17-2010, 07:59 PM
I don't mind DST and would like to keep it. But now that I have toddler bedtime this week has been more of a challenge. Plus it didn't help that we got back from WDW last week either.

MNNHFLTX
03-17-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't mind DST and would like to keep it. But now that I have toddler bedtime this week has been more of a challenge. Plus it didn't help that we got back from WDW last week either.Yes, getting kids to go to bed with DST can be a problem. I even remember being a kid and saying to my mom "I have to go to bed now? But it's still light outside."

bouncer
03-18-2010, 11:34 AM
You should see what a grouch I am when it is dark at 4 pm and still at work! GRRRRR:mad: I love light in the evening! In the winter I feel like I should be hibernating. Bring on SPRINGing ahead!:D

jillluvsdisney
03-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Bouncer, I know what you mean. I worked 2nd shift for 11 years. It always was a long night when it got dark at 430 pm.

lettripp
03-18-2010, 07:12 PM
After this year, I'm all for repealing it. It took me 3 days to recover, and took my students ALL WEEK! Cranky kids are tough to teach.

mrsgaribaldi
03-19-2010, 04:27 AM
I'm just the opposite. I hate having to get up in the morning when it's still dark. I don't like it being dark at 7 am. But, overall, I do agree with the idea that I wish they'd just pick one or the other and stick with it.

Amen, Brother Scar. That is indeed a glorious day that passes too fleetingly.

I hate getting up in the evening for work and having it be light out. I get up around 5:30pm and I like it to be dark. I especially hate going to work when it's still light out which happens now. The summer is worse when it's warm out and people are outside doing all sorts of things. I prefer the dark and cold.

Jeff
03-19-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm in the "pick one and stay with it camp".

It's all "artificial" anyhow.
How can it be 8am here in mid Michigan while it is also 8am in the East coast Cities like NYC?? We are hundreds of miles apart!!!!! But if I drive to the west (if the Lake wasn't in the way) for about two hours it would be suddenly 7am.

My point is, for many of us this claim that we are on "natural time" isn't really true.

brownie
03-19-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm in the "pick one and stay with it camp".

You have my vote on this one! I'd rather not have to mess with changing the time twice a year. We should go ahead and make DST our ST.

QTPie68
03-19-2010, 08:36 PM
I seem to think that Arizona does not do DST?? We could all move there :).

I grew up in Washington State and hated the summer nights when I was young and it was very light outside and it was time for sleep....I have no idea how people in Alaska do it!