PDA

View Full Version : PIN codes

wdwluv
03-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Not sure if this is the place to ask....but I've heard people mention getting PIN codes for discounts...what are those?...where do you get them?

I have a 3 night reservation in May for Port Orleans Riverside with the 35% discount....is there a better deal that I can get with this PIN code thing? Or is that only for certain people/situations?

Thanks for any info!

DisneyFr33k
03-17-2010, 11:12 AM
You get them via e-mail. I'm not sure how they decide which e-mails get them, but for years I didn't get one and within the past year, I received two! Once you get the offer, their is a PIN code listed at the bottom. Act fast as they have limited spots to fill with that code. Last year I got 40% off my resort. Then 3 months later, I got one for free dining. Since you have to choose, I chose the free dining plan as it saved us more $$.

Tygger7
03-17-2010, 11:14 AM
I've received a PIN code via email and regular mail. No idea how Disney determines who gets them....that part is a total mystery.

wdwluv
03-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks guys! Do you know AT ALL how you get them? Like have you stayed on property previously so that's how they send it to you? Or are you signed up just with the Disney website and you get it?

Thanks again!

Strmchsr
03-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks guys! Do you know AT ALL how you get them? Like have you stayed on property previously so that's how they send it to you? Or are you signed up just with the Disney website and you get it?

Thanks again!

You have to be registered with the Disney website and click that you'll accept promotions from Disney. Other than that, as noted above, it's a mystery. I got 5-6 last year but have not received any with the previous 3-4 batches that have gone out.

Polynesian Dweller
03-17-2010, 01:46 PM
As said, register in the Disney site but you still may not get one. I've sometimes received several in a row and then none for months. Only Disney marketing knows how they are given out and it may even be just random from what anybody here can tell.

We have yet to be able to use one since there often for resorts we don't stay at or lengths of time that are less than we go for. We've also found the in room bounce back offers to be better value.