PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to split your stay between 2 resorts?

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-17-2010, 09:54 AM
This is a new debate at our dinner table...

We are currently booked for Kidani studios in October. We have the option of staying at BLT for 4 of our 6 nights and the other 2 at Kidani.

How hard is it to move?

c&d
03-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Super easy to move between resorts. We just took our luggage to bell services in the morning and they moved it to our resort. We moved resorts 3 times last April because we used our DVC points for our midweek stay and Passholder rates on the weekends. We did have to check into the resort to get our room keys but that only took a couple of minutes.

My suggestion would be to do the 2 days first and then the 4. That way you get to settle in for the remainder of your stay and not have to worry about packing up to move for 2 days.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Super easy to move between resorts. We just took our luggage to bell services in the morning and they moved it to our resort. We moved resorts 3 times last April because we used our DVC points for our midweek stay and Passholder rates on the weekends. We did have to check into the resort to get our room keys but that only took a couple of minutes.

My suggestion would be to do the 2 days first and then the 4. That way you get to settle in for the remainder of your stay and not have to worry about packing up to move for 2 days.

Couldn't I do online checkin for both reservations? even though I'd still have to stop and get the key, I'd at least have the checkin part doen.

where do you pick up your luggage at the 2nd resort?

And I totally agree with you about the 2 day then 4 day.... plus, that's what we would have to do based on room availability.

thanks! :thumbsup:

BigRedDad
03-17-2010, 11:17 AM
It is very easy. We just did it last week. The only thing with receiving luggage at the new resort is that you must be in the room to receive it. It is not like DME where they can come in and drop it off.

JPL
03-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Very easy to do just let Bell services at the first resort know and they will ship your bags over to the 2nd resort. One word of warning make sure you have what you need for the day because your bags might not arrive at the 2nd resort until late in the day.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-17-2010, 11:32 AM
I just remembered that we are driving down and can transport our own luggage so we have total control over our stuff.:doh:

what am I thinking????

Now the only thing left to think about is the dining plan. we could have it for only one of the 2 ressies if we wanted right? Why do I feel so brand new to this? :D

JPL
03-17-2010, 11:33 AM
You should be able to get the DDP for both reservations I know Disney has a way of linking the reservations for this purpose.

Suz36
03-18-2010, 03:01 PM
We are booked for a split stay in May, and they were not able to link our DDP, so we have to be careful to use all the credits on the first res. before midnight on the day we switch. I don't see why you couldn't have it for only part of the stay, given that they are seperate reservations.

LVT
03-18-2010, 08:52 PM
I think it would be nice to have the DPP for only one res. Too much food otherwise. Since you will be doing a comparison, report your feelings please and thank you.

Donald's Girl
03-18-2010, 09:06 PM
We love split stays! But, we always rent a car which makes it very easy. As for the DDP, we had the same experience that they wouldn't link reservations. We would have had to buy a MYW one day pass which really made it impractical since it made the DDP no longer worthwhile.