PDA

View Full Version : I got a Pin code

momtoaacm
03-17-2010, 09:24 AM
I got a Pin Code!! Now here is my questions. It is Free Quick Svc Dining Plan with a 4-night 5 day stay with a package that includes accommodations and tickets. It expires 1 week before we go. We are traveling in a party with my mom and sister.

Should we change our dates? I think that we got a % off our rooms for the original date. We also have DDP and would have to pay Out of Pocket for our Character Meals.

Could my mom and sister use the pin code too?

Will it be good on a longer stay since ours is 7 days?

Would any of this be worth it or should I just keep the original days?

Also, if we change the days hubby and I both will have to take an umpaid day from work.

Strmchsr
03-17-2010, 10:30 AM
This case is one of the big reasons I use Magical Journeys. They figure out which discount is best for you.

Let me say the QS DDP is NOT a great deal, especially if you were wanting to eat at any TS place at all, so if you have a percentage off your room already that's probably the better deal.

Your mom and sister can only use the pin code if they are a part of your reservation. If they have their own separate reservation then, no, they cannot use that pin code.

As for changing your dates...if you booked directly through Disney and call them they might extend the promotional code for you. Usually they'll work with you in some way if you're that close. In general, yes, you can extend the deal out for seven days. The 5 days, I think, is a minimum, not a max.

You'd just have to do the math to know which deal is better and whether it's worth the switch. Again, if you want to eat at any TS place you'll either have to pay the difference to get the regular DDP or you'll lose money. If you already have a discount, I think I'd just stay put.

#1donaldfan
03-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Your mom and sister can only use the pin code if they are a part of your reservation. If they have their own separate reservation then, no, they cannot use that pin code.

I tried to quote the portion above and messed it up...sorry....

....actually, I rec'd a pin code for 30% off our moderate and AAA was able to apply that discount to two other's in our "grand gathering" ....they have completley seperate ressies, but were able to use the code....:cool:

Goofy4TheWorld
03-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Denise at MJ told me that you can share a PIN with family IF the are:

1) Staying at the same resort as you, and
2) Checking into the resort at the exact same time as you.

She said this was true even if the reservations were in different names. You can even check out on different days, you just have to check in together.

momtoaacm
03-17-2010, 02:58 PM
That is great to know! Thanks!

Wishmaker
03-17-2010, 07:46 PM
How were you notified of this pin code? email, mail, or did you happen to call the WDW travel company and they notify you?

faline
03-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Be very careful as to whether this is a good deal or not. We've gotten this offer. Given the room only reservation we currently have, we'd have to spend over $500 on food to break even on this deal. It's hard to imagine we'd spend that amount of money if we were dining at only quick service establishments!

mickeys_princess_mom
03-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Just got this in an e-mail, too. Forwarded it straight to Terrisue at MJ. Like earlier poster said, they always know the best thing to do! :wave:

momtoaacm
03-18-2010, 09:15 AM
I got it in the mail. One more question, can you take the free quick service plan and upgrade it to the next level at a discount?

elmjimmlm
03-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Denise at MJ told me that you can share a PIN with family IF the are:

1) Staying at the same resort as you, and
2) Checking into the resort at the exact same time as you.

She said this was true even if the reservations were in different names. You can even check out on different days, you just have to check in together.

I would like to add that you can share this with up to 3 rooms if you are checking in at the same time like PP just stated...

elmjimmlm
03-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Be very careful as to whether this is a good deal or not. We've gotten this offer. Given the room only reservation we currently have, we'd have to spend over $500 on food to break even on this deal. It's hard to imagine we'd spend that amount of money if we were dining at only quick service establishments!

I agree... This is better for us than the 30% room discount because we are a family of 5 but my sister and niece it would actually cost them more with this deal...:thumbsup:

momtoaacm
03-18-2010, 03:30 PM
YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!!! I just heard from my travel agent. Disney agreed to let me use the pin# on my original travel dates, even though the pin expired 7 days before I was scheduled to leave. Also, I get to keep my DDP like it was. My mom and sister also got to use the pin code as well. I am getting a refund of 652.00, my mom a refund of 204.00 and my sister 119.00. So for 7 days at a value resort, park hopper tickets and meals it is costing my family of 5 2600.00. I am soooo excited. I never dreamed that I would be able to get such a great deal! Thanks for all your help!! :mickey:

forever a child
03-18-2010, 04:11 PM
YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!!! I just heard from my travel agent. Disney agreed to let me use the pin# on my original travel dates, even though the pin expired 7 days before I was scheduled to leave. Also, I get to keep my DDP like it was. My mom and sister also got to use the pin code as well. I am getting a refund of 652.00, my mom a refund of 204.00 and my sister 119.00. So for 7 days at a value resort, park hopper tickets and meals it is costing my family of 5 2600.00. I am soooo excited. I never dreamed that I would be able to get such a great deal! Thanks for all your help!! :mickey:

Wow! How exciting. Glad to hear it worked out great for you and your family. Now go enjoy yourselves! :D

momtoaacm
03-18-2010, 04:12 PM
I will thanks only 114 more days, I can't wait. It's been 3.5 long years since I have been.

TikiLounger
03-18-2010, 04:38 PM
I just booked a trip for June with this same deal. We just visited in January, but I got the pin code in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I decided to use it for my daughter and I to have a little alone time in Disney! Fun. The quick service dining plan works for us. She and I don't mind not doing any table service meals this time around... we did the regular dining plan last time and we got to eat at all our favs. We're staying at a value (Pop Century) for the first time, too. I can't wait to give it a try. One resort closer to our goal of staying at them all at least once.

Mammabruski
03-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Congrats on the use of the Pin Code!

I got this code, too! It was my first ever Pin Code, and although I can't use it, maybe someday I'll get one I can use! :cloud9:

TheVBs
03-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Congratulations on getting to use the code for your original dates and dining plan!! :mickey: You must be thrilled!

We got this pin too and it's awfully tempting to book something for May. But we were really hoping to do Oct. this year, assuming we opt for a WDW trip. We might be going to Badlands National Park this summer. :)

lizerbug
03-26-2010, 05:26 PM
I hope I get one soon I'm about ready to book a trip for this September. It's been 5 long years..........