PDA

View Full Version : New 5 for 3 special...

mom2morgan
03-16-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm booked for 5 days at the Candy Cane Inn, and just today I saw that Disney is doing 2 days free if you book 5 in my same time slot. The deal also applies to "some" good neighbour hotels, but apparently not the CCI. SO...I'm thinking of upgrading to a Disney hotel. First of all, is it truly worth it, even if it ends up costing me a couple hundred more than what I'm paying now? AND - can you help decide the merits of each? I never really looked because I thought any of the three would be too far out of my price range.

Disney4us2
03-16-2010, 10:08 PM
I would get pricing from Magical Journeys and see what they can do for you. If you could swing the extra expense, go for it. Although if the offer is good at the Good Neighbor hotels, that might be another option.:mickey:

NotaGeek
03-17-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm booked for 5 days at the Candy Cane Inn, and just today I saw that Disney is doing 2 days free if you book 5 in my same time slot. The deal also applies to "some" good neighbour hotels, but apparently not the CCI. SO...I'm thinking of upgrading to a Disney hotel. First of all, is it truly worth it, even if it ends up costing me a couple hundred more than what I'm paying now? AND - can you help decide the merits of each? I never really looked because I thought any of the three would be too far out of my price range.
If you search through the past threads there are several past disussions on this topic.

At the end of the day it's just gonna depend on whether you can afford the extra money without it taking away from your vacation. If you can then go for it! Check out the resort guide for hotel descriptions and definitely check with Magical Journeys to see what they cam do!

mom2morgan
03-17-2010, 02:07 PM
MJ gets the exact same price I can find online. I knew about it before they did and asked them to re-book for me. I just want opinions from those who have been there about the Disneyland Hotel itself. The difference in cost is $250 over staying at the Candy Cane Inn, and I think that is a very good deal. Also - opinions on which is better - Disneyland or Paradise Pier? I really don't think I can afford the GC even with the package.

Niecyboo
03-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Disney did recently extended their discount through the summer, but unfortunately at the time you asked for pricing it was not available. Due to the large number of quotes we get, we are not able to contact clients who are not booked with us when a discount is released. If you would like a new quote, just send me an email and I would be happy to get that for you. Disneyland Resort is one of my favorite hotels, and I think you would really enjoy it.

NotaGeek
03-18-2010, 02:49 AM
I prefer the Disneyland Hotel -- but to be honest I also love the PPH. The room size is comparable, but if you can swing it the charm of the DLH and the hotel makes a difference. The newly renovated rooms look awesome too.

mom2morgan
03-18-2010, 03:12 PM
I prefer the Disneyland Hotel -- but to be honest I also love the PPH. The room size is comparable, but if you can swing it the charm of the DLH and the hotel makes a difference. The newly renovated rooms look awesome too.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was looking for! From what I can tell online, DLH looks nicer that PP, but there's nothing like someone who's been there to really help you decide. The pool area really looks nicer, which swayed me. And I'm excited to stay on property since most of the off-site hotels seem to have pretty lousy pools. If I could afforde GCH I'd stay there, but it's a little steep.

mom2morgan
03-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Disney did recently extended their discount through the summer, but unfortunately at the time you asked for pricing it was not available. Due to the large number of quotes we get, we are not able to contact clients who are not booked with us when a discount is released. If you would like a new quote, just send me an email and I would be happy to get that for you. Disneyland Resort is one of my favorite hotels, and I think you would really enjoy it.

??? I'm sorry, I don't really understand this post. I WAS already booked with MJ, I saw the new deal posted and contacted my agent so she booked the new place for me, so everything is already done.

Niecyboo
03-18-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm sorry about that. Your situation is so similar to a client I sent a quote to last month. She was booked on her own with Candy Cane Inn, and asked me to quote her Disneyland Resort, but was disappointed that I couldn't get her the 5/3 deal (this was before it was extended) so she kept her own booking at the Candy Cane Inn. Sorry about the mistaken Identity. I just wanted to make sure you got the best service possible.

mom2morgan
03-18-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm sorry about that. Your situation is so similar to a client I sent a quote to last month. She was booked on her own with Candy Cane Inn, and asked me to quote her Disneyland Resort, but was disappointed that I couldn't get her the 5/3 deal (this was before it was extended) so she kept her own booking at the Candy Cane Inn. Sorry about the mistaken Identity. I just wanted to make sure you got the best service possible.

LOL - Kathy told me! I was completely bewildered by your post, but I can see the confusion with 2 so very similar situations. For the record, I love working with Kathy. I tend to do a lot of research so I can find the deals on my own, but I HATE making the calls and doing things like room requests. Kathy has taken care of all that for me :-)

six-short-hours
03-19-2010, 01:13 PM
We are going next month on the 5 for 3 special. We had initially booked at DLH because GCH was much more expensive. I rechecked prices a couple weeks ago, and found the rates had changed, and it was only $87 more to switch to GCH for the entire five night stay.

It's worth checking into. Good luck!