PDA

View Full Version : Room Comparison

Plex
03-16-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm wondering what the actual accommodations are like for DVC. Apart from the Kitchenettes, how do Studios compare to a Standard Room at Value, Moderate, and Deluxe Resorts? I'm thinking about things like bed size, total space, etc.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-16-2010, 09:30 PM
There are tons of pictures "out there" on the net that you can look at. However, the studios are much "homier" than it's hotel room counterpart.

In the studio, there is a balcony of some sort where you can relax. Most value/mods and some deluxe rooms do not have a private balcony - only the "outside" hallway one. While we are at the parks most of the time, we spend lots of vegging time on the balcony, not on the couch in front of the tv.

we feel as if we have more apartment-like space in a studio where as in the values/mod, we feel like we are in a hotel.

DVC Mike
03-17-2010, 07:17 AM
I'm wondering what the actual accommodations are like for DVC. Apart from the Kitchenettes, how do Studios compare to a Standard Room at Value, Moderate, and Deluxe Resorts? I'm thinking about things like bed size, total space, etc.

Values average about 260 sq feet.

Moderates average about 314 sq feet (although CBR is 340 sq ft)

Deluxes are between 344-476

DVC Studios are between 339-455 sq feet, with the average about 356 sq ft.

Plex
03-17-2010, 04:18 PM
How about sleep space? Are all of the Studios 1 Queen bed and a pullout couch? Or are there Studios available with 2 beds?

dlpmikki
03-17-2010, 05:16 PM
OKW has studios with 2 queen size beds and they are probably the biggest studios around DVC.

Plex
03-17-2010, 05:48 PM
how about the 1BR villas?

Maybe more to the point - I'm trying to figure out just how many DVC points you'd need annually to get the same sleeping accommodations that you'd have in a standard room (ie 2 queen beds).

Are there enough studios and/or 1BR villas around to reliably get one every time you want to go to WDW? Most of the material I have seen makes it look like you need to get a 2BR to have at least 2 queen beds.

dlpmikki
03-18-2010, 03:39 AM
The 1 BR villas only have one kingsize bed and a sleeper sofa (and some with a sleeper chair in addition). The newer 1 beds also include a second bathroom.

With the exception of OKW you do need a 2 BR to get a queen and a king bed

florida girl
03-18-2010, 09:06 AM
The pull out sofa's in a DVC room are the most comfortable pull out's I've ever been on. I think they are more comfy than a bed we had in a standard room at All Stars last year. IT was loud every time you moved around. The pull out's are very sturdy and very nice. My mom has some past back problems and she had NO trouble on a pull out in a 1 bedroom.