PDA

View Full Version : Weds. members meeting

andreallybadeggs
03-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Taking a quick trip with grandparents as our first DVC stay. Have plenty to keep us busy already, I think since most of the time we just want to relax. Wondering if the members welcome home meeting on Weds. at the Atlantic is worth doing or should we just stay at the pool?:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-16-2010, 02:30 PM
We have not yet done the Wednesday meeting. We always say we'll do it but, always forget as we are consumed by the excitement of the parks.

I'd love to hear what happens at the Wednesday meeting too :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
03-16-2010, 04:00 PM
We love Welcome Home Wednesdays. :thumbsup:

Basically there's a Jeopardy type game with lots of "interruptions." There are surprise giveaways each week, and everyone gets a door prize when leaving (often it's a hat, but not always). Deevy See is always (almost always?) there too.

You get free cracker jacks, lemonade, & water.

It's convenient if you're at an Epcot resort or at WS that afternoon. We love it; it is a family friendly way to spend an hour and a half!

Jeffybob
03-23-2010, 06:21 AM
We have attended once a few years back when we were there for a full week. It was fun and not a bad way to spend an hour with fellow DVC members.

As noted earlier, refreshments were provided and we played a Jeopardy type game testing the knowledge of the Vacation Club; and Deevy See was there too.

I think that if you are there and have the time, you should check it out. And when it is over, you get a giveaway ... our visit netted us new DVC Member ball caps.

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98) :mickey:

2010 - BWV - Valentines Day
2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV, Swan

vizsla
03-24-2010, 05:04 AM
We attend the "Welcome Home Wednesday" event every time we are at Disney. It is a lot of fun and a great way to meet fellow DVC Members, and gives you a little break from the parks.

laprana
03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
I'd really like to check out the Welcome Home Wednesdays on our upcoming trip this May. Can someone tell me how long they usually last? We have a dining reservation at 5:30 p.m. at the Wave the Wednesday we are there...do you think we would have enough time to do the Welcome Home Wednesday and make our reservation?

Jeffybob
03-25-2010, 06:18 AM
Yes, you have time BUT will need to make your way to EPCOT via the International Gateway right after the event. If memory serves me right, it did not last more than an hour, if that.

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98) :mickey:

2010 - BWV - Valentines Day
2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV, Swan

laprana
03-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Yes, you have time BUT will need to make your way to EPCOT via the International Gateway right after the event. If memory serves me right, it did not last more than an hour, if that.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Disoriented
03-25-2010, 09:51 PM
I'd really like to check out the Welcome Home Wednesdays on our upcoming trip this May. Can someone tell me how long they usually last? We have a dining reservation at 5:30 p.m. at the Wave the Wednesday we are there...do you think we would have enough time to do the Welcome Home Wednesday and make our reservation?

Another option would be to take a bus from the Boardwalk, Swan or Dolphin (Actually the same bus) to the MK and then monorail or walk to the Contemporary.

If time becomes tight there is always the cab option from any of the above hotels.

laprana
03-26-2010, 09:39 AM
We'll have a rental car (sorry, should have mentioned that in my first post!) so we'll be able to drive to the Boardwalk and then drive back to the CR. That should make it easier! :thumbsup:

Friend of Figment
03-27-2010, 11:41 AM
I would suggest the private even t they are having at BLT right now. It was really nice. There were fancy snacks, really great loot, fast passes and a lot of company info.
Welcome Home Wed doesn't seem to change much, but the BLT event had videos showing Disney's global brands, details of the redo at DL (Cars Land etc.), and the Dream. They didn't talk a lot about Ka'Olina, but they did hint it might go on sale later this summer.
The topper was I won a $100 gift card in the drawing at the end.

MinnieMommie
03-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Welcome Home Wednesday is fun and we usually try to go. I think your grandparents might enjoy this. It's a nice break in the day and I would make a point of going if you are at one of the Epcot area DVCs. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
03-27-2010, 04:30 PM

You should have no trouble getting to CR for your 5:30 reservation at the Wave especially with a rental car. :mickey: