PDA

View Full Version : Diming Plan Conversions

smeedell
03-16-2010, 12:40 PM
I did some research on prior threads and see some conflicting information.

What is Disney's policy about exchanging table service for counter service or counter service for snacks?

Ms. Mode
03-16-2010, 02:23 PM
They will not let you use a TS for a CS meal, or a CS meal for a snack.

You can use two TS for a signature meal, but they let you know it's going to take two in advance. :mickey:

DizneyRox
03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
A while back (couple years now I think) they did offer an exchange when they over sold the DDP and couldn't accomodate all the TS credits. This was only for a specific period of time, if I recall correctly, and hasn't been offered since.

As long as it's possible, you will need to use your credits as assigned. The system is geared to maximize profits for Disney, if they let you mess with it, it would/could cost them money.

AlwaysDisney
03-16-2010, 11:49 PM
We were just there in Jan 2010 and they let us exchange some of our CS for snacks. They also let us change a TS for 2 CS. Tho it depends on the restaurant. Not all of them will do it. Ask and most will. It really depends on the place:thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-17-2010, 10:17 AM
My parents were able to us a TS credit for a CS meal on their last day where they only had time for a CS meal. This was in 2007 though.

PopPhan
03-20-2010, 01:28 PM
In September of last year, Earl of Sandwich allowed a conversion of 1CS => 3 Snacks. We had a number of CS credits unused our last day and brought a whole lot of cookies/rice crispy treats/muffins home!

crazeedizneefinatic
03-20-2010, 02:42 PM
have to agree it is location specific....some will do it and others will not....we had a ton of meal credits left over last september and main street confectionary converted them over to snack credits....we had a ton to bring home....

2 princes and a princess
03-20-2010, 03:04 PM
We were there in February and were having difficulty making it to our ressies (our 3 kids have autism and were having meltdowns, etc...). I called the dining # and asked if we could turn our dining plan into the CS plan. They said we could not do that BUT they did say that we could use our TS as CS at any CS restaurant. We did, and didn't have any issues. It really made the rest of the trip go more smoothly.

BowTie7
03-20-2010, 08:19 PM
During the September 2008 free dining promotion when many, many places where fully booked, Disney allowed you to exchange a TS credit for a CS meal and you got a coupon for 2 snacks--but I believe this was a one time offer, it wasn't repeated in September 2009.

I think you can generally exchange down, I have heard many reports of folks using remaining CS credits to get extra snacks to take home. I've never heard getting 2 CS for one TS, that seems like too good a deal for Disney to allow it.

But there may be some limitations or exceptions, especially with 3rd party/outside food service operators. This could explain the post about the Earl of Sandwich allowing several snacks. But an outside operator many not be able to access a TS credit for CS--I know they use a credit card reader to access the Disney system, but may not have as much information as the folks with a Disney based checkout terminal--anyone have specific knowledge or experience?

KatieN
03-21-2010, 11:07 PM
We just got home today from a stay at CSR (had a fabulous time :cloud9: ). We used our last two CS credits for dinner at Pepper Market last night, and when we were checking out the CM commented that if we still had snack credits, we could use 3 of them to get 1 CS meal. We didn't ask - she just volunteered the information. That was the first I had heard of that being allowed. Has anyone else heard of this?

DizneyRox
03-22-2010, 07:47 AM
Is Pepper Market Disney owned and operated? Official Disney policy (last I heard) was no substitutions/conversions. Sounds like there's a trend among non Disney properties to work the system to get business. I'm not faulting them, but these places that are doing conversions I think are NOT Disney owned and operated.

Disneywarrior
03-22-2010, 06:59 PM
So can you use 2 CS credits for 1 TS?

DizneyRox
03-22-2010, 07:31 PM
99.9% chance the answer will be no if you try...

SBETigg
03-22-2010, 07:46 PM

Absolutely not, as far as I've heard.