PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast and Egg Allergy

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Our DD has an egg allergy. While I'm well versed in the Special needs request at WDW (I'm neurotic about my DD allergy and talked with WDW Special needs team intensely for our last October trip), I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has an egg allergy or a family member with an egg allergy and has still ventured to a TS breakfast at WDW.

We would love to go to a breakfast buffet but, we are very apprehensive about breakfast since almost all breakfast food has egg in it.

We have always had breakfast in our room since my DD was diagnosed with an egg allergy.

Anyone out there have stories or comments? Should we just continue to stay away from breakfast all together?

smeedell
03-16-2010, 03:43 PM
I have a seafood allergy. I have been sick from buffets due to cross contamination of the serving utensils. If someone uses the spoon or tongs for one dish, then another, there is a possibility to get contaminated.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Not yet, but I am booked for Chef Mickey's and Donald's Breakfast in June. My son (egg/peanut) likes fruit, cereal, sausage & bacon, and loves biscuits, so we hope to be able to feed him without any trouble. I am sure you know that the chef will, if you ask, prepare a special batch for you to avoid any chance of cross contamination.

We are mainly doing the breakfast meals for the characters. If it were not for that, breakfast would not be worth the trouble/anxiety for us. If Chef Mickey's goes bad, we will cancel our Donald's ADR in a heart-beat.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Not yet, but I am booked for Chef Mickey's and Donald's Breakfast in June. My son (egg/peanut) likes fruit, cereal, sausage & bacon, and loves biscuits, so we hope to be able to feed him without any trouble. I am sure you know that the chef will, if you ask, prepare a special batch for you to avoid any chance of cross contamination.

We are mainly doing the breakfast meals for the characters. If it were not for that, breakfast would not be worth the trouble/anxiety for us. If Chef Mickey's goes bad, we will cancel our Donald's ADR in a heart-beat.

Its your turn to tell us how your "allergy" trip goes! We'd like to do a character meal and are debating a breakfast or dinner. I'm so nervous about the breakfast meals!

Goofy4TheWorld
03-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Its your turn to tell us how your "allergy" trip goes! We'd like to do a character meal and are debating a breakfast or dinner. I'm so nervous about the breakfast meals!

I am trying so hard to start my allergy trip report, but every morning I get up and check my computer, my stinkin' Intercot Countdown Clock says I still have DOUBLE DIGITS (79 today) left to wait. :(

Can someone PLEASE help me figure out how to fix this "problem" with my Countdown Clock so I can write my report quicker! :D

If not, I promise I will turn my report in before October.

Bubbie Girl
03-25-2010, 05:13 PM
We too have a little boy (2) who also has a severe egg/peanut/tree nut allergy. We are doing Mickey's and Donald's Breakfast also. I am very nervous about taking him to these. I plan to wipe our table off where he sits myself and his chair. Since he is small and eats very little I think we will be ok. Since he has had these allergies for a year he really never ate most breakfast foods so he doesn't know what he's missing LOL. I plan to take his cereal with me and he can have a bannana as I know thats safe. It is very hard to eat out with allergies. I wish us all a magicial time and good luck with the food choices.

another tink
03-26-2010, 10:33 AM
My two nieces and their children ages 13, 10, 8, and 4 just came back from WDW. Two of the group have a peanut allergy and the youngest has PKU which means she cant have protein. They went to 2 character breakfasts and had no problem. The chef was great.:number1:

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-26-2010, 10:46 AM
My two nieces and their children ages 13, 10, 8, and 4 just came back from WDW. Two of the group have a peanut allergy and the youngest has PKU which means she cant have protein. They went to 2 character breakfasts and had no problem. The chef was great.:number1:

Thanks for the report back. I'm still on the fence about it! But, we have a few more weeks to decide.

Just waiting for the October park hours to be published and then it's GO TIME for ADR's.

Ksmith75
03-26-2010, 02:44 PM
I have an egg allergy too. I still eat things with eggs(salad dressings, pastries, etc), but I shouldnt and it makes me sick, so I try to be more careful. Breakfast is always a challenge, but there is usually enough fruit and meat to get by. I am going to try to avoid eggs products this trip...but it is difficult....

LVT
03-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Please use the services Disney provides for food allergies. You can get info ahead of time in order to be safe at counter services as well as table service places. Note it on the reservations. Tell the server. They use separate fresh utensils and specific cooking areas if needed. Cross contamination is avoidable, but the kitchen has to know. They helped me a lot. 14 days and not one ER visit, shot or hive.