PDA

View Full Version : MK park hours extended

WDWdriver
03-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Due to anticipated attendance, Disney is extending the Magic Kingdom park hours to close at midnight Tuesday, March 16 through Friday, March 19 and at 1:00am on Saturday, March 20.

Can you spell C-R-O-W-D-E-D?

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
03-16-2010, 02:15 PM
That is really strange. Are the crowds really that heavy right now??

03-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Nit that I am doubting you, but I still haven't seen this officially updated anywhere.

WDWdriver
03-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Nit that I am doubting you, but I still haven't seen this officially updated anywhere.

It's from the Cast Member information web site. And, yes, crowd levels are building ahead of the very busy spring break and Easter week periods.

03-16-2010, 04:00 PM
It's from the Cast Member information web site. And, yes, crowd levels are building ahead of the very busy spring break and Easter week periods.

Bummer!! Thanks for the heads up though. Comparitively, how is this compared to summer time?

WDWdriver
03-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Comparitively, how is this compared to summer time?

The busiest time of year is the week between Christmas and New Years. Easter week is right behind, followed by summer and 4th of July. There is a good crowd guide here ( http://intercot.com/infocentral/weather/whentovisit.asp) in Intercot's Info Central.

KylesMom
03-16-2010, 11:24 PM
GGMR, If you're asking how the hours compare to summertime, it's spot-on for hours in June/July. Typically MK is open from 9-10 or 11, and EMH are for 3 hours after that. As Ron stated, I would expect that the parks will be C-R-O-W-D-E-D if they've opened up the park this late in the calendar - as in today, notifying CMs.

We've had this happen numerous times in the summer - we think a park is open until 10 or 11, and then they open a window whereby announcements are made over Disney transportation where the parks are open later. It always makes DH and I go huh?!!!

badkitty
03-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Wow. It seems early for such crowd levels. Must be early spring breaks.

brer frog
03-17-2010, 10:54 AM
I hope that is the case, I'm going on the 29th, and it was crowded last year, and I can't imagine it more crowded.