PDA

View Full Version : California Grill ?

Poohbear88
03-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Do You have to use 2 Table service for this restuarnt?? Is it worth it?? Is the food good?

jenperich
03-16-2010, 02:16 AM
We went last October for our 1st anniversary. The food was delicious! I got sushi, and DH got a flatbread, and they were both wonderful. Their wine list is very diverse. The service was outstanding. And, yes it is 2 TS credits. Enjoy!

c&d
03-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Gotta agree the 2 TS is definitely worth it. The food and service has always been excellent.

Tygger7
03-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Yes, it is 2 TS credits. It was very good, but not something I feel the need to do again...I had heard so many things about California Grill, so my expectations may have been too high. It was VERY crowded and noisy, which took away from the overall ambience. The food was very good, and our server was outstanding.

DisneyHoneymooners
03-16-2010, 09:58 AM
We make a point to eat at CG every visit. The food is always very good as well as the service. If you are not very daring and are a basic meat and potatoes kind of eater it may not however be for you.

A Mouse Fan
03-16-2010, 10:23 AM
We tried the California Grill for the first time in 2008, and it's TOTALLY worth 2 TS Credits! In fact my whole family is going to Disney for my 40th Birthday in October and I am having my birthday party at the California Grill. I am really excited and I know everyone will love the food! Try it you won't be disappointed.

KAT1811
03-16-2010, 10:58 AM
The view itself IMHO is worth the 2 TS credits. It really is more the experience. The food was very good but nothing I recall being overly excited about. I do however, recall being very impressed with the views of the World. I would certainly do it if you have never before. Like a pp said for them it was a been there, done it, and for other PPs it's a favorite. It's a unique dining experience in Disney.

epceddie
03-22-2010, 11:44 PM
My wife and I have never been overly impressed by the menu at California Grill. I certainly don't think it's worth two table service credits on the DDP. Everyone is so ga-ga about this place. It was loud and very chaotic. The thing we enjoyed the most was being able to go out on the deck and watch the Wishes fireworks.

joonyer
03-23-2010, 10:42 AM
DW & I used to eat at CG on every trip, even though our kids were much younger then. I used to love California Grill, but it is $$$ and quality and service have declined in the past couple of years. We just can't justify the expense of dining there, even though we are better off financially. The views are definitely spectacular. I'd say you need to go there if you have never been; it's worth the first-time experience. It's just for us maybe a little of the luster has worn off after multiple visits. We've never had bad food there, but it seems as if it used to be better. I think like many other WDW restaurants, the extensive use of the DDP has resulted in an overall decline in food quality and service.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-23-2010, 11:14 AM
While I have never been to CG, I made ressies for some of my family during our Oct trip last year.

About half of our party of 13 were on the DDP and the other half was on the QSDP (DH, DDs and I were on the QSDP). So, I made reservations for 5 (3 aunts and 2 uncles) for CG. A friend of one of my aunts who had recently ate at CG said they absolutely had to go. So, I made ressies for them for a 7:45pm dinner with Wishes at 9pm. I figured, they would be having dessert by then and it would be perfect timing for Wishes.

However, they arrived at about 7:15 and didn't get seated until 8:30ish. They didn't even have their meals by the time that Wishes started. They had gotten served their dinners after Wishes ENDED. And it was only because my 2 aunts (the type of people that will make drama at the drop of a hat! - so embarassing when we were younger) called the manager over and complained endlessly - or so the story goes.
They were served by the manager and head chef the rest of the evening but, were not compensated for their terrible experience.

While I still want to experience CG one day, I will reserve it for when we stay at BLT one of these trips - maybe after the wounds have healed. :D

I've always wanted to eat here and its on "the list" to experience it for myself.

Auroring Good Time
03-23-2010, 05:16 PM
We love the California Grill especially their sushi and flatbreads. Watching the fireworks from there is amazing.

SBETigg
03-23-2010, 05:22 PM
We love California Grill, have never been disappointed. It's the one restaurant we make a point to visit on every trip. The food, the service, the view, and the creative menu-- all high points for us.

MegaDisney
03-23-2010, 08:33 PM
I have been twice and both times it was incredible!

I highly recommend it! :thumbsup: