PDA

View Full Version : Scones???

andreallybadeggs
03-15-2010, 07:56 PM
So, working on this "Geezer" trip week after next. (I'll be the junior member of the party at the tender age of 55) It will be a short trip and we are on a pretty tight schedule.
Had made reservations for Weds afternoon tea at the GF but now I'm thinking I might send my father and DH to the baseball game. Trouble is, my Dad LOVES baseball but he also lived in England and LOVES high tea. I really don't think we could make it to GF another afternoon and Dad said if he had to choose, would opt for the ball game but then followed that with a pleading "Can't we find a cup of tea and a scone somewhere else in WDW or Orlando?" Well I can make him a pretty decent cup of tea that evening back at the resort (Kidani Villas) but is there anywhere else I could buy him a really good scone? Do you think the GF would prepare a "take out" box?

RockinRobin
03-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Yes you can buy scones to take with you. We did that the last time we had tea at the GF last Dec.
I am sure you can get as many as you want.

JoF
03-16-2010, 04:28 AM
We went for GF afternoon tea back in October. The hot tea served in Royal Albert china was lovely and just like tea at home, however the sandwiches and pastries were not.
I would recommend that you choose going to the game over GF afternoon tea and take your own scones to avoid disappointment.:mickey:

andreallybadeggs
03-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks so much for your helpful input. Baseball it is and I'll bring home a box for
Dad's dinner!

Fastpasssteve
04-08-2010, 09:59 PM
One can buy scones to go.

In fact, a member of my party enjoyed a particular tea so much our last trip, that our server sneaked us some in a take-out box. We were delighted, but it took a little explaining at security outside the Magic Kingdom, why we had a small box of what looked like dried leaves. We had to explain we had been to the GF and not off with our favorite drug dealer instead! The guards laughed when they heard our explaination! lol!

MinnieMommie
04-11-2010, 04:27 PM
"Can't we find a cup of tea and a scone somewhere else in WDW or Orlando?"

Just an FYI that there is a British tea shop/bakery in Celebration. It is quite authentic and run by a Brit. Another option for your dad. :mickey:

ElenitaB
04-12-2010, 08:59 PM
What's the name of the shop in Celebration?

And I'm no Brit, but I enjoyed the pastries at the GF tea as much as I have at the British restaurants here in NYC. I guess we need to cross the pond to try the real thing, eh?

MinnieMommie
04-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Sherlock's - It's on Bloom St and can fulfill the OPs search for tea and scones plus much more.

If anyone would like more info such as directions, links, menu etc I will be more than happy to pm anyone. :mickey:

WDWgal
04-17-2010, 08:15 AM
I will have to look for Sherlock's next weekend. Next weekend is their annual pie fest and I want to pop into Celebration and by a few pies anyway. Good to know there is a tea place too. We always like the GF tea. :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
04-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Please let us know about the pie contest. I have watched it on TV and would love to go someday. Have fun and enjoy an authentic English tea time. :mickey:

ElenitaB
04-18-2010, 01:35 PM
According to both Yelp and TripAdvisor, the Celebration location is now closed and their only location is on Highway 27. Too bad too... I've been planning on spending lots of time in Celebration on our next trip.

MinnieMommie
04-18-2010, 03:45 PM
I think it may still be there but with a different name. I will check with a friend who lives in Celebration and let you all know. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
04-18-2010, 07:14 PM
I think I have solved the mystery:

Sherlock's of Celebration is now Shannon's of Celebration. Shannon's has an afternoon tea and you can get scones with fresh whipped cream and strawberry preserves among other things with your tea.

I think the original poster asked about where to get tea and scones in or out of WDW. If the OP would like to pm me I am more than happy
to share a link where they can find more tea rooms in the area.

I suggested Celebration because I have been there for tea many times. Now I look forward to trying Shannon's afternoon tea. If anyone gets there before me please post! :mickey: