PDA

View Full Version : Help!! :(

michellerose1579
03-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Ok so I have gone all out with this upcoming trip for my mom (her first time). Then I come on here and see that they are talking about the MNSSHP in SEPTEMBER!!?? Being that this is the first time I am planning a vacation to Disney, I didnt realize how early they decorate. I figured it would start in October. The problem is that my mother does not celebrate or recognize halloween. I am getting really upset now thinking that all the decorations and such may upset her and ruin her first trip. Someone told me that the castle is always decorated with ghosts and such. That would simply crush her, as Im sure she wants to get her picture taken in front of the castle. Also, I have everything already booked.. Oh man... did I make a big mistake, or what???? :cry:

faline
03-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Generally, there are some decorations out as you enter the park (Magic Kingdom) - mainly fallish more than Halloween specific. The ghosts etc. are created with lights on the Castle during the party and are not present during day-time touring of the park. Additional Halloween decorations are typically present for the parties, specifically, but may also be up and ready for the party in the afternoon on party days. The other parks have little to no Halloween decorations displayed.

michellerose1579
03-15-2010, 12:23 PM
ohhhh.... big sigh!!! Can I tell you I was almost in tears??!! I just didnt want her first time to be ruined.

michellerose1579
03-15-2010, 12:25 PM
I forgot to thank you, Faline!!!

:thanks:

cfoshe
03-15-2010, 12:25 PM
I have not been at holloween time, but from all the pictures I have looked at, its more of a fall decoration with autom colors and pumkin. Disney does a very good job of in there decoration not to offend anyone. I would only think the castle would be lit up with ghost only durning the special nights that guess have to pay extra for. Now remember I have not gone at this time before so I can only go on the researce of pictures and videos that I have found.

michellerose1579
03-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks!!

FriendsofMickey
03-15-2010, 12:44 PM
If you want to have an idea of what the park will be decorated, then do a Yahoo search using "Pictures Magic Kingdom halloween".

Then you can click on the pictures and see them.
Just remember that the night time pictures are most likely during the party.

Mostly, the parks are decorated with a lot of orange (flowers, flags/drapes, and Mickey Jack-O-Lanterns). Also, most of it is on Main Streat USA on the tops of buildings, or at the very entrance of the park.

I just pulled up some of my pictures from last years September trip, and I could not see anything (Not even orange) on the Castle.

Goes4FastPass
03-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Since Mickey's No So Scary Halloween Party (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/default.asp)starts in early September I think you can expect to see lots of Halloween decorations throughout WDW parks and resorts.

Gift shops will all have lighthearted things like Mickey Jack-O-Laterns and batty-ghosty things. Certainly not scary bloody stuff but certainly, clearly, Halloween.

(The colors are fall but when the pumpkin has face it's a Halloween decoration, isn't it?)

Again, these are kid-friendly G-rated grim grinning ghosts but they are ghosts.

If your Mom may be offended by Halloween decorations you may do well to set her expectations so what she sees will not surprise her. If she expects to see a "7" and she sees a "2", hopefully she'll say, "Oh, that's cute! Let's go to the Haunted Mansion!"

michellerose1579
03-15-2010, 01:05 PM
She just truely does not like Halloween at all. From looking at the pics, I dont think the Mickey Jack-O'Lanterns will offend her. I dont like halloween either, but I think they are cute. Anything Mickey is cute to me.

homeschool mom
03-15-2010, 05:30 PM
I also do not like Halloween AT ALL. I had the same thoughts you did about the decorations "ruining" my vacation when we went in Sept. 2008. I just want to say, it wasn't that way AT ALL. I'm not even a fan of fall, but I must say WDW's fall decorations were very pretty and tasteful, and not offensive to this Halloween hater at all.

I hope you have a great time introducing your mom to WDW. We are going in May and taking my mom along to spend the week with her sister who lives near Tampa. However, Mom is going to the MK with us on the first day of our vacation. I can't wait to introduce her to WDW either since it will be her first taste of the Magic! :mickey: