PDA

View Full Version : Tony's restaurant

DNS
03-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Still trying to decide on dining for our trip. We have vacationed at WDW 13 times, but have still not eaten at Tony's. I would appreciate any opinions of this restaurant. How is the food and atmosphere?
Thanks!

renecat
03-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Last time we ate there was in 2003 but was not
impressed at all.

LudwigVonDrake
03-15-2010, 11:39 AM
I last ate there in 2004 and thought it was good. I have an ADR there for July so I'm trying it again :eat:

cajundisneyfreak
03-15-2010, 11:41 AM
I ate here for the first time in February.I would say that the food was just ok.The best part of my meal was the dessert.I had lemon walnut cake.You should at least give it a try.You never know you might think it's great.Everyone has their own like and dislikes.

faline
03-15-2010, 12:19 PM
We've eaten there a couple of times in the last couple of years. I find it to be rather hit or miss. We had a wonderful meal 2 trips ago. On our last trip, I would categorize our meal as "okay".

#1donaldfan
03-15-2010, 12:25 PM
.....it's mostly atmosphere ..... the food is good...not great....but good is, well, good !! You cannot beat the atmosphere though....eating on mainstreet !! nuthin' much better !!:mickey:

jenperich
03-15-2010, 12:35 PM
We are there on our trip last October, and we really liked it. We were celebrating our 1st anniversary and our waiter had our table all decorated. It was wonderful!!

pamickeys
03-15-2010, 12:36 PM
one of the most overrated places there, yet it's still tough to get in..... go figure.

Stu29573
03-15-2010, 01:03 PM
After eating there a couple of times, I would rate it average. It certainly wasn't a highlight of the trip, but it wasn't horrible. Of course MK doesn't really have a lot of choices...Especially if you don't want character dining...

elmjimmlm
03-15-2010, 01:18 PM
We ate there for my birthday last August and loved it... I don't know why it gets such bad reviews... I think it's one of the better restaurants and the location can't be beat!

Ropachs
03-15-2010, 03:38 PM
We had dinner there in 10/08. My FIL did enjoy his steak, MIL liked the spaghetti, DH and I were less than impressed with our steaks. So we're 50/50. I do remember we all really liked the desserts. If I had never dined there before, I would want to check it out for myself though.

jillluvsdisney
03-15-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't understand how it can be called over rated when practically everyone here hates the place. I think it gets a back knock. I've had 3 meals there in the past few years and all were just fine. I didn't have the spaghetti because I can have that anywhere. There was a chicken/pasta/pesto dish I had that was really good. I also tried a paninni at lunch that was good. We have an ADR there in August. It's my 20 year old niece's favorite place.

#1donaldfan
03-16-2010, 12:27 PM
I don't understand how it can be called over rated when practically everyone here hates the place. I think it gets a back knock. I've had 3 meals there in the past few years and all were just fine. I didn't have the spaghetti because I can have that anywhere. There was a chicken/pasta/pesto dish I had that was really good. I also tried a paninni at lunch that was good. We have an ADR there in August. It's my 20 year old niece's favorite place.

...don't get me wrong, we love place, but it's mostly atmosphere for us....the food is good, but not great.....we try to do it once a year...it's not a "tradition", but we tend to go there as often as we can.... :mickey:

PlutoPlanet
03-16-2010, 12:37 PM
We ate there in 2004. The food was mediocre. We've never been there since. The red sauce was bland. Even our DD7 did not like it.
Hope it's gotten better.

hlkeck
03-16-2010, 12:42 PM
We ate there Xmas '08. Everyone liked their food. I think we all got chicken parmesan though. Not the best - not the worst. Lovely restaurant, fine service, good desserts.

Belle619
03-16-2010, 02:22 PM
We went there last year for the first time and the food was good, nothing great, but definitely not horrible by any means. We decided to go there because of the location and we planned on staying at the MK the whole day. I can't say that I would make it a must-do on a future trip, but I am glad that I at least tried it once.

GrmGrninGost
03-16-2010, 09:26 PM
We put off trying Tony's for a long time because of negative comments we were hearing. We finally tried it in 2008, then went again in 2009. Both meals were wonderful! The food was excellent (IMHO) and the atmosphere even better! Tony's will be a "can't miss" for us in the future! :mickey: I highly recommend you try it for yourself!

forever a child
03-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Eaten there once and loved it! Hoping to go back in May!:D