PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain refurb opinions?

azcavalier
03-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Following all the posts about SM here on Intercot, it seemed like most of you said that all they did was update the queue. However, in the latest Dinsey Files magazine, it has a little blurb on it saying that they also smoothed the track out. So, for those of you who have ridden it since it has been re-opened, is it noticeably smoother? My DW usually passes on SM because it's so jerky, but after reading this, she wants to give it a try.

cajundisneyfreak
03-15-2010, 11:37 AM
I just rode it in February.It is not smoother.It is darker and I find it to be just as rough it not rougher.I didn't notice any major changes on the actual ride itself other than what I stated.Hope this helps.:mickey:

MariMouse
03-15-2010, 12:19 PM
We also rode it in February and the only change I noticed was the queue. It was still jerky and rough.

BigRedDad
03-15-2010, 12:26 PM
I just rode it Saturday. It is no smoother than before. To me, the queue is less attractive with the little interactive games. I also do not like the minimized space scenes in the ceiling when you get past the Command Center. I liked the original 360 degree-ish movie screen above.

JPL
03-17-2010, 11:20 AM
I rode it back in December and it didn't seem any smoother than before the refurb. I also think it was 101 just as much as before the refurb atleast during the 4 days I was ther.

Imagineer1981
03-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Definitely not any smoother. The track is exactly the same

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
03-17-2010, 04:57 PM
I agree -- it isn't any smoother. It's the same.

Ian
03-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Chalk up another vote for exactly the same. It feels like it might be a bit darker, but that's hard to say for sure. It could just be my imagination.

Definitely not smoother, though. And I swear it broke down as much if not more after the refurb than it did before. I'd say it was down no less than four times in the 7 days we were there.

Imagineer1981
03-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Chalk up another vote for exactly the same. It feels like it might be a bit darker, but that's hard to say for sure. It could just be my imagination.

Definitely not smoother, though. And I swear it broke down as much if not more after the refurb than it did before. I'd say it was down no less than four times in the 7 days we were there.

I think its darker as well because you are now not getting the light from the queue area