PDA

View Full Version : Princess and the Frog

cmshelton1979
03-15-2010, 09:39 AM
What is/was your opinion of this movie? We took the kids to see this last night at the 1.50 theater. I was surprised to see it there already...this movie to me was so built up that I thought it would be quite a while before it'd end up on DVD (being released tomorrow I think).

To me this wasn't your "normal Disney princess". I thought the story was pretty good, I wasn't crazy about the voo doo or hoodoo. That part was pretty dark for a Disney cartoon, but done well. All and all it was pretty good, not great but not bad at all. I will be getting it on blueray this week.

I am just curious what your opinion was on this.

Ms. Mode
03-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Well...I thought it was just "OK" but my DD (19) really loved it. She liked that they had brought back the old animation hand drawn pictures, etc. :mickey:

cajundisneyfreak
03-15-2010, 11:32 AM
I loved it !!! If you are not from Louisiana or never visited you probably wouldn't understand the story line.It's all about the cajun lifestyle.I will definitely be buying it tomorrow.It's one of my new favorite disney movies.:mickey:

BigRedDad
03-15-2010, 11:35 AM
I really liked it. I will get it on DVD when it comes out.

Dragongirlx
03-15-2010, 11:35 AM
I liked it but thought the story could have been slightly better however my 4 year old nephew loved it.

Not2Loud
03-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I had been wondering the same thing. I didn't take my DD6 to see it. I had heard it was a bit scary due to the voodoo, etc.

I guess I will pick it up this week and watch and decide then.

Heck, I have Tower of Terror at home and haven't let her watch it even though she has been on the ride. (The video on the ride scared her, thus not letting her watch the movie.)

Patricia
03-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Tower of terror is scary for most kids.. I've even had 8 year olds lose sleep over it. :eek:

I took 5 and 7 year old girls to see Princess and the Frog and they loved it. I thought the movie was very well done and I loved the theme.. having lived in New orleans it was like a trip down memory lane. I'd put the voodoo about par with an episode of Scooby Doo. There is always a villain and honestly, Ursula has always topped the list as scariest around here.

We look forward to the DVD release this week.

JROriole8Fan
03-15-2010, 12:23 PM
The entire family, including my 22 & 17 year old DD's. Not sure what you mean by "not a normal Disney Princess". How is she different from Belle? Ariel?

cmshelton1979
03-15-2010, 12:28 PM
The biggest thing, she married a poor prince. She wasn't a princess like Aurora, Ariel, etc. She was more so like an everyday normal person...her prince was trying to get Charlotte to marry him because he was poor....

Like I said, I liked the movie it was just very different with the storyline.

DisneyOtaku
03-15-2010, 01:07 PM
I loved loved LOVED this movie. I love the soundtrack, I thought the animation was pretty good, and I loved the characters (it was a prince with a personality! Woohoo!)

That, and quite a few of the jokes I think only made sense if you lived/live in Louisiana (the "Ya'll from Shreveport!!??!!" line for one...EVERYONE cracked up at that where I'm from, but I could easily see others being very confused...)

elmjimmlm
03-15-2010, 01:11 PM
We loved it and are waiting to but it tomorrow... Ray is my DDs favorite...

fernsmommy
03-15-2010, 04:11 PM
My DH and I took our DDs and my little sister, 10, to see it and we all loved it! We loved Ray, he was so funny! I can't wait to buy it.

fernsmommy
03-24-2010, 07:44 PM
I don't think the voodoo part was too dark for a Disney movie. Look at Snow White or Sleeping Beauty, both the villains in those were dark. Ursula in the Little Mermaid was dark too. That's the way villains are supposed to be, so everyone knows they're the bad guys.

brownie
03-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Good movie! I'm not surprised it's out on DVD already; Disney is really pushing to get the DVD's out sooner. I remember when it used to be a year or so before a movie would be released on video. That window has been shrinking.

Lakin
03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
I really liked this movie!! It was like old-school Disney again (I can actually tell my kids that a cool Disney animated movie was made in my day!). It was also cool that I had stayed at the POFQ prior, and I felt the atmosphere again in it. Pretty cool.

Loved the characters, and the story. Great movie.

AdventurerKim
03-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Loved this movie! The movie truly captures the heart of New Orleans and the culture. I love Ray and Mama Ode! I also love the message of working hard for what you want.

coneygoil
03-27-2010, 10:41 PM
This was a really good comeback movie! It wasn't incredible like the Renassiance Disney, but still very likeable and satisfying. I was so relieved to see recognizable animation again! I studied animation all my teenagehood and seeing all my animator heroes at work again was AWESOME!!! It took a while to get use to the songs (bought the soundtrack before seeing the movie), but they really grew on me and "Friends on the Other Side" is my fave. I'm from New Orleans, so all the Louisiana stuff they talked about I grew up with.

SurferStitch
03-27-2010, 11:21 PM
DH and I didn't see the movie until I got in on Blu-Ray, but we really liked it. I don't know if I loved it, but we really enjoyed it, and thought the music was excellent.

I loved the return to traditional animation. They did a fantastic job...it was a beautiful movie.

Kathy Jetson
03-28-2010, 12:39 AM
Ds6 and I really liked this and we hope to meet some of the characters this year.