PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite "non-ride" things to do at Epcot's Future World?

Gregandmel
03-15-2010, 09:24 AM
I was wondering what everyone's favorite things to do at Epcot's Future World were. We went last year and hit all the major rides (Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space, Nemo, Spaceship Earth, HISTA, and Club Cool) but didn't spent too much time at Innoventions EAst or WEst. We are leaving in about 6 weeks for our next trip and would like to spend more time there this go around (we have a separate day designated JUST for World Showcase later in the week). What are some of the things everyone likes to do? WE will have a 10 year old and 19 year old (both boys) who are pretty much up for anything. Anyone ever done Storm Struck? Is that fun? Thanks for any info!!!!! :thumbsup:

Superzeus84
03-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Storm Struck is very cool. Its 3D, interactive, and very informative. We loved iT!

Sunshine1010
03-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Honestly....walking through Future World. And walking through the World Showcase at night. Love both!

jenperich
03-15-2010, 11:45 AM
We're both in our late 20's, and we did Innoventions. We loved it! It was a lot of fun and very informative. We also love the Living Seas. They'll have a great time!

azcavalier
03-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Storm struck was entertaining. The 19 year old might like the Segway Experience at Innoventions. He (or she?) will have to sit through a short commercial/sales pitch (don't worry, they don't pressure you to buy a Segway), and then they get to try one out for a couple of minutes.

We also did the Velcro thing, where they have kids get on stage and try to build the tallest towers using Velcro blocks. The ten year old could do that.

JROriole8Fan
03-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Is fun, interactive and if you are the least bit competitive, the thing to do. I wouldn't go into the Storm thing again. Once was too many times, what a waste!

PlutoPlanet
03-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Our DD14 likes Innoventions. It's kind of like a Children's museum.

Mousemates
03-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Sit back on a cool night with a cup of coffee and listen to Off Kilter....(think of a very tamed down version of Flogging Molly).

mjm12000
03-16-2010, 12:52 PM
watching the fountain dance at night with Spaceship Earth lite up in the background

Disney4us2
03-16-2010, 12:55 PM
We enjoyed watching the nature/animal film they had in The Land. Also the living seas and innoventions.

snowflakegirl
03-16-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm a fan of the House of Innoventions. It's a tour through a mocked up house with neat little technological perks.

I also love spending time watching the dolphins and fish at the Living Seas.

DisneyFr33k
03-16-2010, 02:01 PM
We LOVED the Sum of all Fears. Great experience designing and riding our own roller coasters! :coaster:

Pop Centurion
03-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Last year I (38) did The Great Piggy Bank Adventure & Don't Waste It in Innoventions with my Fiances Niece (19) & her boyfriend (20)
We had so much fun laughed the whole time.
Other than that I really enjoy walking around taking pictures, grabbing an ice cream & watching the fountain, & spending time in Mouse Gear.

As for Storm Struck. I wasn't too crazy about it. It was ok but I wouldn't do it more than once. Your 10 year old will probably enjoy it the most.

WVParkfan
03-17-2010, 07:43 AM
You can spend hours in Innoventions if you take your time and enjoy the interaction.

The Fountain of Nations "performs" every so often with the water display choreographed to music.

I agree with snowflakegirl... we could spend hours in the Living Seas looking at the sharks, petting the Rays, enjoying Turtle Talk, and just taking our time to experience the aquarium.

Mouse Gears is probably the best Disney shop in the World. It's certainly one of the largest, and you can find anything there!

There are various musical groups around Epcot. Most are in the World Showcase (i.e. Off Kilter, etc.). However, one of the most entertaining groups is located in Future World, near Innoventions and they are called the "Jammintors." If you get a chance to see them, it is WELL worth it. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/entertainment/jammitors/

Though it is a "ride," have you ever taken the "Living with the Land" boat tour in the same building as Soarin? It is a really neat experience, and they also offer a "Behind the Seeds" tour through the greenhouses.

At the end of the Imagination with Figment ride, there is a Kodak lab where you can take a picture of your family and manipulate it digitally. There are many interactive displays in there, too. Pretty cool.

Some really good food can be found at Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion, and no trip to Future World is complete without a trip to the Fountainview ice cream stand.

Hope those ideas help. We love Future World, and always seem to discover something new there!

Plex
03-17-2010, 05:42 PM
It was a one-time sort of event, but we happened to be at EP on a really rainy day when there was pretty low park attendance and got to just hang out and play with the giant camera from Kodac in the Journey Into Imagination. Very cool time hanging out with a CM in character when there was no one else around! :mickey:

GoldenDreams
03-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Every now and then we find something cool in Innovations, but usually it is a miss for me. My favorite things to do are:

1) Circle of Life movie. Please don't talk if you sit near me --- I just want to absorb it. Love the song, love the beauty of it.

2) Living Seas aquarium

3) Sodas from around the world at the Coke exhibit. I like the apple soda.

4) The Behind the Seeds Tour.

Kenny1113
03-17-2010, 07:51 PM
My boys really enjoy the fire house in innoventions (not sure what is really called but that is what they call it ). It is next to the firetruck, it simulates a house on fire and teaches kids about fire safety. The first time DSs did it they failed miserably, and DH is a ff :blush:
Maybe this is something your DS10 would enjoy?

This last trip the kids played some sort of interactive videogame with running, jumping and dancing. I am not sure exactly as they were with DH at the time.

bruin1344
03-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Living Seas aquarium

StitchFan#1
03-17-2010, 09:07 PM
The Velcro show!!!!!!!! I cant remember what inoventions its in but still its pretty fun! You find out all these cool things that you never knew about velcro. At the end there are some fun competetions! You might get lucky enought to play the velcro baby diparing challenge!

cantgetenoughdisney
03-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Last year I (38) did The Great Piggy Bank Adventure & Don't Waste It in Innoventions with my Fiances Niece (19) & her boyfriend (20)
We had so much fun laughed the whole time.
Other than that I really enjoy walking around taking pictures, grabbing an ice cream & watching the fountain, & spending time in Mouse Gear.

As for Storm Struck. I wasn't too crazy about it. It was ok but I wouldn't do it more than once. Your 10 year old will probably enjoy it the most.

I totally agree. I was with my 16 year old daughter for her birthday in September and the crowd level was so low that we had done everything multiple times and still had lots of spare time. We did the piggy bank and the recycle thing. We had a blast. I disagree with you on the Storm Struck though. I had a great time there also. Since we live in the midwest where we have lots of tornado warnings, it was fun to guess all the answers regarding windows, doors, etc. We really enjoyed the whole experience.

brownie
03-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Check out the movies, shows, and entertainment. We made an effort to take in all the entertainment the last time we were there, and really enjoyed it. I think we'll be checking out Innoventions when we go later this year.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Ice Station Cool - It will always be called that to me!!! Have some coke from around the world.

The living Seas... we always seem to rush out of there but, we would love to spend more time there.

The Land is a great people watching area.

I wish they still had the living status in Italy. that was one of the best street shows.