PDA

View Full Version : Marrakesh??? 1900 Park Fare character breakfast???

svarhall07
03-14-2010, 11:28 PM
We're trying 2 new places this year.

I've reserved May 18th @ 7pm at Restaurant Marrekesh. I love the Tangerine Cafe and am hoping for something similar (better?) with a great atmosphere. I'm eating with a vegetarian and a big meat eater (I'll eat anything), will there be good options? Is the food good in general? What do you think of the atmosphere?

I've also reserved the 1900 Park Fare character breakfast May 19th @ 9:35am. The only character breakfasts I've done are Chef Mickeys and Cape May (the latter many times). We are switching it up hoping to see the Mad Hatter and have a great time with the rest of the cast from Alice in Wonderland. Is the food the standard breakfast buffet? How is the theme/Alice in Wonderland cast? We are all college students, but hoping for a few laughs.

Thank you in advance!

MNNHFLTX
03-15-2010, 10:14 AM
We ate at Marrakesh last summer and, frankly, were unimpressed. The food was good, but they had us crammed in tight at tables (this was at the height of free dining) in a large and noisy dining room and way far away from the dance floor. Just wasn't the greatest ambience.

As far as the food, I couldn't recall seeing any vegetarian options. But when I go look back at the menu I do see that they serve vegetable couscous and meat-free soups and salads. If there is nothing to your friend's liking, she can always ask the chef if there are any other options.

I also did the Park Fare breakfast about 3 years ago and it was a good, standard WDW breakfast buffet. Mary Poppins, Chip n Dale and Pooh visited our table, but the only Alice in Wonderland characters I recall seeing are Alice herself and the Mad Hatter.

Disneychickie
03-15-2010, 12:44 PM
We ate at Marrakesh in 2008 for the first time. We really liked it!! Go for it.

ElenitaB
03-15-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm not a fan of Marrakesh... maybe because I can easily get really good Middle Eastern food all over my neighborhood. I found Marrakesh's version to be very heavy and greasy. And I wasn't enamored of their service either. That said, I recently read a blog written by a vegan who travels often to WDW and while they really like Tangierine Cafe and their vegan/veg options, they were rather unhappy with Marrakesh. I'd stick with TC and find a different restaurant. (BTW, both 'Ohana and Tusker House dinners seem to be getting a lot of good press among vegan bloggers lately... just be sure to note your ADR.)

andreallybadeggs
03-15-2010, 07:42 PM
You've chosen 2 of our favorites. We like the food and atmosphere both at Marrakesh-- veggie options are somewhat limited but they have salads + vegetable cous cous. We've gone often with just our family and also with groups including some pretty picky eaters; never had a complaint, very good service + a floor show. Park Fare is fun-- LOVE interacting with the Mad Hatter. He once screamed across the entire dining room for our teenage son to come back to the table so they could visit.