PDA

View Full Version : DDP Pricing

dolphinmickey9170
03-14-2010, 12:10 PM
So, we are booked for DDP for May 28-June 5 and were quoted $41.99 pp/day.....:)

Then, we called to book DDP for August 7-15th and were quoted $46.99 pp/day.....:mad:

I asked why the significant difference in price and was told that August was "seasonal pricing" and "it is still a great deal". Not exactly what I thought, no DDP in August for us.

DizneyRox
03-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Any way Disney can coax another dollar out of your pocket and they'll try it.

Good for you! I've neer thought the DDP was a good deal, at $42 or $47 or whatever.

Hammer
03-14-2010, 02:34 PM
For some, they have never seen a value in the DDP, and never will. Personally, I have expensive tastes and usually would rather have the more expensive things on a menu. The problem is I also look at the price tag and do not feel right spending the money on the expensive item, no matter how much I'll enjoy it. I end up calculating my budget in my head for every little thing I order. Consequently, I enjoy myself less. What the dining plan allows me is to pay for a large portion of my meals up front, so I'll order whatever entrée I want and not worry about price. Only thing I have to pay for is my tip and my alcoholic beverage (and appetizer if I choose one). Lot less sticker shock. For the record, We have come out ahead each time we have used the DDP.

Ultimately, everyone needs to do what is best for them. No one is right or wrong; it is personal preference.

PetefromRI
03-14-2010, 03:38 PM
We like the QSDP but no matter which plan you choose,it's pretty much a break even,just convenient being prepaid.When the tip and app. were included you couldn't beat it but they keep toying with it to see how much people will pay until they don't get the plan anymore.The QSDP is a good deal if you know where to go(Wolfgang Puck Exp.) but the truth is,I can eat cheaper on my own.We normally don't do dessert and tend to just graze.I think that charging more in busy seasons is a terrible move on Disney's part and shows their greed a little more than I'd like to see.

MarkC
03-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Disney has added "peak value" dates, which raise the price of the DDP $5 per day. I think these are the same days they raise the price of their buffet's $4 per person-- hence the increase in the dining plan prices. Only you can do the math and decide if its the right decision for you. My wife and I are using it for the 1st time this July since we won't have the kids and want to eat a little nicer.

dolphinmickey9170
03-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Everyone has good points.

My point was just to make it known that this "seasonal pricing" was taking place. The price listed in info central has last years price, which is no longer correct. I have been crunching numbers for days now, gotta take a break and come back to it again when I can think more clearly.

Christine, I really agree with your thoughts of enjoying myself rather than worrying about numbers. With that perspective, I have to add that into the equation. Not having to worry about prices is truly a reason to consider as well.

:cool:

KylesMom
03-15-2010, 10:33 PM
It used to be that when the Deluxe resort pricing dropped to "Value" season in late July, that's when you used to see the surcharge drop. Now, however, it appears that they are charging premium pricing during this time.

Genie1953
03-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Something else to remember is that if your vacation package starts during peak season then you will pay peak season Dining Plan rates for your ENTIRE vacation package. We are flying into Orlando on April 10 the very last day of a peak season time frame and will leave on the 19th. Originally we were going to have to pay peak season dining plan rates for the entire trip which seemed rediculous to me since only the one day fell during peak season. However after a suggestion by a fellow intercotee and further advised by Denise at Magical Journeys we decided to do a room-only reservation for that first night and then begin the vacation package on the 11th. This worked out well because we were planning on doing Downtown Disney that first day and evening anyway...and we paid regular season dining plan rates for the rest of our trip. Doing this saved us around $180 I think. So please keep this in mind also.

#1donaldfan
03-16-2010, 12:31 PM
So, we are booked for DDP for May 28-June 5 and were quoted $41.99 pp/day.....:)

Then, we called to book DDP for August 7-15th and were quoted $46.99 pp/day.....:mad:

I asked why the significant difference in price and was told that August was "seasonal pricing" and "it is still a great deal". Not exactly what I thought, no DDP in August for us.

....your lucky...we've been quoted $ 46.99 for our stay in June....18-27th.....YUCK, but necessary.....:cool: