PDA

View Full Version : Helps! I need a (Disney) intervention!

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
03-13-2010, 08:47 PM
I live about 8 hours by car from WDW. I am an annual passholder, and my wife, daughter and I all LOVE going to WDW. But I think I love it too much!!

I find myself rationalizing trying to squeeze in a quick weekend trip, or long weekend trip, here or there, just because the cost would be much lower without needing to buy park admission tickets.

I go as often as I can, but I need to get an intervention!! What do you do to curb it? Youtube? Disney park music on live365? Just go to the parks?

retiredfigment
03-14-2010, 08:07 AM
Wow, I don't see a problem. If I lived that close, I would go whenever I could too. I would go just for dinner. And being able to see the Wine and Food show and
Flower show each year would be awesome! I live in OH so each trip requires lots of planning and expense and can only go every other year. Enjoy:thedolls:

Lakin
03-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Interventions are for quitters. :D

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
03-14-2010, 12:43 PM
LOL!

So I am not crazy then!

slegrant
03-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Not crazy at all, My family and I have annual passes as well but live in Texas. We go two long trips a year one during the summer and one over new years and then we randomly pick a small four or five day trip at diffrent times of the year. My kids told me they wished we could live at Disney:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
03-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Sorry~no-can-do! First of all I don't see a problem..And then there's the extreme likelihood that you would want to return the favor, and we're sure not having that!
:high5:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-14-2010, 09:56 PM
If I lived that close, I'd go every chance I could, so I can't help you.

tazlikesrobots
03-15-2010, 11:22 AM
You are living the dream that most of us have! I wish I lived that close to WDW :mickey:

IMHO Disney visits are a way to let the child in me come out an play. So go play, it keeps the heart young!

Not2Loud
03-15-2010, 11:38 AM
I live about the same distance, so I understand.

But, there will be NO intervention. You are a normal person, who just happens to have a hobby/passion that some consider indulgent and expensive among other things.

Here, you will find like-minded individuals that see and feel the Magic as well.

Therefore, this thread should be closed and all of us will return to our regularly scheduled planning of our next trip to the World. :mickey:

c&d
03-15-2010, 11:56 AM
I would love to have your problem :D Wish we could go more often.

Suz36
03-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Therefore, this thread should be closed and all of us will return to our regularly scheduled planning of our next trip to the World. :mickey:

LOL! No need for an intervention here.

kemps@wdw
03-18-2010, 10:48 PM
You don't need an intervention, you need an "atta-boy"" button. Why try to fight it...just go with it, baby!:mickey:

TheVBs
03-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Yep, same here. If I were in your shoes I'd be doing the same thing. :thumbsup:

pianobabe
03-21-2010, 09:49 AM
I don't see that you have a problem. You seem perfectly normal to me.:crazy::ccat::hatter:

divinedi
03-21-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm a 23-24 hour drive away, if I only lived 8 hours away.......well, lets just say you're a lucky dog!! Go for it, enjoy while you can, life's waaaaay to short to sweat the small stuff, and this addiction is basically harmless, well except to your wallet, lol, but go for it!!! Besides, you can't put a price on the family time.....all too soon your daughter will be off to college and you'll wonder where the time went and wish you'd spent more time with her.....JUST GO!;)

vws_and_disney
03-29-2010, 03:16 PM
On Saturday i was doing math to get a long weekend trip in before our Nov. trip. We go every year and i still try and find ways to go in between planned trips.:thumbsup: