PDA

View Full Version : Question abouot Yacht Club dining options

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
03-13-2010, 09:35 AM
HI all,

Intercot only lists Yachtsman Steakhouse, Ale & Compass Lounge and Crew's Cup Lounge as dining options for the Yacht club.

Other Disney websites also list the Captain's Grille as being on the resort grounds.

Is the Captain's Grille open and in fact on the Yacht Club's grounds? I tend to only believe Intercot inforamtion but want to double check.

Thanks

Maleficent's Dad
03-13-2010, 10:01 AM
The Captain's Grill is just off the Yacht Club's lobby and is open for breakfast, lunch & dinner.

MinnieMommie
03-13-2010, 12:30 PM
It was def open as of January 2010 because my family had dinner there. We've had breakfast and dinner at Captain's Grille. Both decent food and a good value (the breakfast is an especially good value). :mickey:

Jillirose
03-13-2010, 04:14 PM
We just ate there in February, using out dining plan. Excellent food, everyone enjoyed (teens and adults) and great service. We said that we would definately go back on another trip.

cinderellagrl
03-13-2010, 05:05 PM
we eat there about every trip for breakfast. They have a smaller buffet, but in a pleasantly quiet location. We have also enjoyed lunch there on occasion. They have an excellent tomato and mozzarella sandwich!

BigWes6
03-13-2010, 07:05 PM
We ate there last April and were pleasantly surprised ..... we almost liked the food better than the Yachtsman ! So I say go for it :thumbsup:

Figment!
03-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Captain's Grille is listed under its former name, Yacht Club Galley, in both the menu section and the INTERCOT Dining Guide.

Besides the name change, the dining location has remained mostly unchanged.

The Staff is currently giving INTERCOT info Central a major overhaul and hopes to update items such as this in the coming weeks.

poohspal
03-14-2010, 03:18 PM
I am glad to see this post, as we will be there 4/20-4/27. I am just wondering if ADR's are needed for the Captain's Grille. I have already made our other Adr's,and thought we would be able to grab a quick breakfast or lunch if we happened to be at the hotel?

Thanks
Liz

BrerGnat
03-14-2010, 09:39 PM
I am glad to see this post, as we will be there 4/20-4/27. I am just wondering if ADR's are needed for the Captain's Grille. I have already made our other Adr's,and thought we would be able to grab a quick breakfast or lunch if we happened to be at the hotel?

Thanks
Liz

I would make an ADR if you plan to go, although reports are that it is seldom crowded. However, last year at the beginning of April, I was visiting the YC one afternoon around 5:00pm and the place was full!

We have a couple ADR's for there (one lunch, one dinner) in two weeks, since we'll be staying at BC and think it will be convenient (and the menu looks good!).

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
03-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Great feedback and inforamtion. Thanks everyone!

pamickeys
03-15-2010, 12:46 PM
The quality of food at the breakfast buffet is the better than any other one.

Dream'nDisney
04-29-2010, 01:08 PM
I understand making ADR's for lunch and dinner for Captains Grill, but would we need them for breakfast? Thanks.

BrerGnat
04-29-2010, 01:15 PM
I understand making ADR's for lunch and dinner for Captains Grill, but would we need them for breakfast? Thanks.

We had breakfast at CG without an ADR last month. We had to wait about 15 min, but it wasn't an issue. Seemed like MOST people there for breakfast did not have an ADR.

Dream'nDisney
04-30-2010, 11:26 AM
We had breakfast at CG without an ADR last month. We had to wait about 15 min, but it wasn't an issue. Seemed like MOST people there for breakfast did not have an ADR.

I'm just wondering, though, June will be busy overall with kids being out of school, so do you still think we would be okay without making ADR's for breakfast?

BrerGnat
04-30-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm just wondering, though, June will be busy overall with kids being out of school, so do you still think we would be okay without making ADR's for breakfast?

Yes. We were there the week before Easter. It was very busy. We did our walk in breakfast on a day that was POURING rain, so lots of hotel guests were milling around the lobbies and the Captain's Grill was PACKED. Still, we were seated with only a 15 min wait (the hostess said it would be 25 min, but it wasn't).

In general, this restaurant really only attracts the hotel guests of the YC/BC/and BWI. But, it's relatively off the beaten path for everyone else, so dining here at ANY meal should not require ADRs, unless you happen to be going during a time when WDW is offering the free dining promotion...the TS restaurants get much busier overall during these times.

Dream'nDisney
05-03-2010, 11:33 AM
This is good to know! Thank you BrerGnat.

PlutoPlanet
05-03-2010, 12:09 PM
We did not love our Yachtsman dinner. It was just too pricey for what it was.