PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for how to reveal the surprise trip!

Mommyto4princesses
03-12-2010, 06:58 PM
We have been keeping our trip a secret from our 4 girls and would like to make this surprise really awesome. Any ideas on ways to reveal the surprise is greatly appreciated! We were thinking maybe something along the line of a scavenger hunt. But any thougths are welcomed!
Thanks so much!!

KAT1811
03-12-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure how old your girls are or when you are planning on leaving (is your flight early or a little later on) but if time allows maybe you could do a scavenger hunt that eventually leads you to the car and gives you directions to a "secret destination". Maybe they find a stuffed Mickey Mouse along the way, a princess storybook, crown, or wand, a box with sunscreen and Disney beach towles, etc. then eventually a map (to the airport) Then you all pile into the car and head there. With any luck you can get someone to meet you there with your luggage (or have it in the car with you) and a final "Package" (upon arrival at the airport ) with Mickey ears with everyone's name emboidered on them and maybe a few Disney dollars for each of them. Then off you go.

KAT1811
03-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Oh, I forgot . . . :welcome: to Intercot!!! I think you're going to like it here!!!

PS.- We have 3 princesses and a little prince!!! Have a great trip!!!

Mommyto4princesses
03-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Thanks so much for the ideas. We are actually driving from Nashville, going March 20-26. Our girls are 12, 9, 6, 4 (actually two of them, oldest and youngest will have their 13th and 5th birthdays the week we are there!)

Any more thoughts are welcomed!

gollybass
03-13-2010, 02:53 AM
I would definately tell them you are going to the most boring destination possible in Florida, then let them figure it out when you enter the resort!

TikiGoddess
03-13-2010, 01:13 PM
If you're looking for other ideas on surprising your kids, go to youtube and search for Disney surprise. There's some pretty creative ideas there.

Amy, one of our creative I'Cot members, did a surprise for her son: Kindness Surprise Thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=164981)

I am planning to surprise my two girls this summer. Our plane leaves at 12:45pm, so we'll have time to get them up in the morning and tell them. Here's my current plan:
Have 6 cards turned face down on the table. For each question they answer correctly, they get to turn over a card.

And of course, I'll be video taping. :D

Something like this (I'm still working on the questions, but you get the idea):
1. Name 4 animals you might see at the beach. (Turn over card that says "We")
2. Make up a short dance to go with this music (maybe "Life is a Highway"). (Turn over "Going")
3. Name the seven dwarves. (Turn over "To")
4. Make a face for each of the seven dwarves (happy face, grumpy face, etc.). (Turn over "Are")
5. Name five Disney princesses. (Turn over "Florida")

At this point chaos will ensue -- the kids know that if we are going to Florida (to see their grandparents) that we will also be going to Disney World.

But there's one card left. WHEN are we going to Florida??

6. Name five Disney villians. (Turn over card "TODAY")

Then off we go to the airport. :D

Kathy