PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfast at the Beach Club Resort

GINNY69
03-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi,

I was wondering how the Character Breakfast was at the Beach Club. Can you tell me about your experience if you ate :eat: here?? Thanks a lot!! :chef:

Have a Magical Day !!!

KAT1811
03-12-2010, 09:04 PM
We stayed at the Beach Club a while back and last minute one morning decided to try the character breakfast. It was late, close to the end of the breakfast serving time. They gladly seated us. We were the only table in the restaurant. Needless to say the character interaction was AMAZING! Goofy sat with my daughter while she ate breakfast. She was thrilled. I recall the food being typical breakfast buffet food, good but not great like Crystal Palace breakfast (our favorite in case you couldn't tell ;)) It was a nice meal and if I were staying in the area I would not hesitate to do it again.

svarhall07
03-12-2010, 09:35 PM
My girlfriend and I, two adults, did the Cape May character breakfast in may 2007 and loved it. We had a great table and were able to watch the kids interact with the characters. They are dressed in sail boat attire and were so good. They even spent enough time with us to get photos in. The food is standard disney breakfast buffet, with mickey waffles included! I would definitely recommend this as a great start to a day at EPCOT or Hollywood Studios because its only a boat ride away!

Maleficent's Dad
03-13-2010, 09:25 AM
We were just there a few weeks ago. The buffet doesn't have the same offerings of previous years - it's "cut back" on a few things, but there's still plenty for eats. The fruit is always plentiful; then there are the standard eggs, bacon, etc... There were no pancakes in February! :confused:

For those who have dined there before, they've also done away with the paper tablecloths that you could write/draw on with the crayons. :(

There are 3 characters there right now - Goofy, Minnie, and Donald.

It's a nice character breakfast, and it's a wonderful alternative to some of the other crazy/loud breakfasts. Cape May is much more subdued.

Hammer
03-13-2010, 12:44 PM
We were just there a few weeks ago. The buffet doesn't have the same offerings of previous years - it's "cut back" on a few things, but there's still plenty for eats. The fruit is always plentiful; then there are the standard eggs, bacon, etc... There were no pancakes in February! :confused:

For those who have dined there before, they've also done away with the paper tablecloths that you could write/draw on with the crayons. :(

There are 3 characters there right now - Goofy, Minnie, and Donald.

It's a nice character breakfast, and it's a wonderful alternative to some of the other crazy/loud breakfasts. Cape May is much more subdued.

Hi, Frank :hi: !

Question about the choices at breakfast. Do they still offer made to order eggs/omelettes? If I take my father to a buffet, there needs to be an omelet station (I have taken him to Boma).

Jillirose
03-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Just were there for second visit and loved it both times. The characters take a lot more time at each table than at Chef Mickey's (which I also love). Food is great, way too many choices. I would definately recommend it. Plus, it's a quick walk to EPCOT or boatride to DHS after breakfast. :thumbsup:

Mousefever
03-13-2010, 05:36 PM
When we ate breakfast there last March, Goofy was nice enough to buff my husband's bald head with a cloth napkin. Donald got mad that my son was wearing a Goofy hat and threw it across the room. Great character interaction!

Amy

Maleficent's Dad
03-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Question about the choices at breakfast. Do they still offer made to order eggs/omelettes? If I take my father to a buffet, there needs to be an omelet station (I have taken him to Boma).
Christine,
There was no omelette station there in February. :( I don't recall one at Cape May in the past, but I could be wrong...
But during "President's Week," there definitely was no egg-to-order area.