PDA

View Full Version : Kim Possible at Epcot

smeedell
03-12-2010, 12:39 PM
I tried searching this topic, but no luck.

Has anyone participated in the Kim Possible Adventure at Epcot? What are your thoughts / comments on this?

Melanie
03-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Hmm, I tried searching too, and nothing. Not sure why it's not working.

Anyway, I did find this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=165396) from December.

My boys (ages 11 and 10) and I did all the available countries one day back in January (it was not busy that day) and had a blast. So much fun!!!

drosenbe
03-12-2010, 12:49 PM
My family did one in France and it was fun. I would highly recommend it to families with kids (our youngest was 18.) Its really interesting how Disney really modified the pavilions to incorporate the KimPossible attraction.

faline
03-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Try searching for kimmunicator in the Trip Reports forum and you'll find a bunch of trip reports that report about their experiences.

DVC2004
03-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Yes- we did this in December and my boys 11 and 12 loved it! It was really fun. Just be sure to allot time because there are several things to do in order to complete a mission. We loved the Mexico mission the best, but we also did Japan and France. A must-do! I think even adults without kids would like it.

clausjo
03-12-2010, 01:35 PM
My kids (10 and 7) and I did this in January and it was a lot of fun. We only had time to do one mission but would love to do more!

MMFreak
03-12-2010, 03:17 PM
My Daughter 18, son 14 & I did this last May and we had a great time. Even at their age they suggested doing this and thought it was good fun.

BigThunderFan
03-12-2010, 03:49 PM
My DS7 and I did this in January and loved it. We highly recommend for anyone, not just those with kids! It also makes no difference at all if you even know who Kim Possible is, we didn't and the "Kimmunicator" pretty much made it self explanatory.

We did Japan & Mexico and both were great in their own way. It was really fun to check out these countries in a new way!:thumbsup:

disneydad153
03-12-2010, 05:22 PM
We did it past December. Kids, DD8 and DD4 loved it. We ended up spending 3 days in Epcot doing missions and never did the same one twice. I liked that we actually saw different areas of the countries that we never saw before because we were flying through them. Only complaint was that kids kept fighting over the communicator. :mickey:

5togetherWDW
03-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Our family enjoys it - we have done all the missions at least once, now.
It does make for congestion in certain areas -- both for those trying to browse giftshops and other players.
One note: if another group or two end up being at the same spot as you, it can detract from the experience. We had one day when people were forming a line behind us -- so, we decided to take a snack break. Was much more enjoyable without the cluster of people. Remember: Kim won't mind if you stop to get a drink, then return to you mission.

ERJDriver
03-16-2010, 10:44 AM
We did it in January with a group of all adults, and it was a blast. You definitly get a different look at some of the world showcase countries.

BigBaloo
03-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Our sons had a blast doing it. The CM's at the kiosks were very helpful & actually set us up w/ 2 Kimmunicators so the boys could each have their own. Germany was our favorite!

WVParkfan
03-17-2010, 07:53 AM
We really enjoyed it with our DD9.

There is a Kim Possible headquarters in Future World near Innoventions. When you arrive in the park, it will be on your right, near the Coke station.

Stop in and register. They'll give you a time and location in World Showcase. We had to wait about 2 hours before it was our turn, but that worked out great as we rode Soarin during that time. When it was our time, we had to report to Norway to get our Kimmunicator. Our mission sent us to the Mexico Pavilion, which was fun.

With each adventure, there is a "surprise" at the end when you solve the case. You make something happen at the Pavilion where you are. I don't want to give it away, but once you play the game, you'll understand. I think most people enjoy the "surprise" ending at the Germany pavilion the most.

Have fun!

DisneyFr33k
03-17-2010, 11:08 AM
We did it for the first time last October. It was not crowded at all. It was fun at first, but grew "old" with my 12 year old. DH and DS(10) would have done that all day! And, the missions can take time, so if you are on a tight schedule, you'll want to maybe do one or two max!

sfieldgirl16
03-17-2010, 01:50 PM
my family and i have done this last November...it was sooo much funn...we were running around those countries and ppl kept looking at us,,, but oh well...we had funn!!:mickey::D