PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here been chosen to open MK?

bringbackhorizons
03-12-2010, 06:49 AM
I would love to do this!! :cloud9: If anyone has had the honour of opening MK I'd love to hear all about it! :mickey:

Dragongirlx
03-12-2010, 07:05 AM
I have never been chosen but would love to do it.
However as I have no kids I don't think it's very likely

mouseketeer mom
03-12-2010, 08:18 AM
No, but it looks like incredible fun!!

Ms. Mode
03-12-2010, 08:21 AM
I wonder if they pick the family from the ones that attend a character breakfast early that morning or something. Does anyone know? :mickey:

bringbackhorizons
03-12-2010, 08:24 AM
I wonder if they pick the family from the ones that attend a character breakfast early that morning or something. Does anyone know? :mickey:

I was thinking this too. I'm going to take the kids to Chef Mickey's on our first day in the hope that we may be picked. :blush:

ILoveMickey'77
03-12-2010, 08:30 AM
I haven't been picked for the opening at MK, but I have been at DHS. We got to the park probably 45 minutes before opening and were standing in the lines waiting to get. A Castmember, wearing the plaid vest, was going through the crowd talking to people. He came up to us and just started asking us questions, where were we from, was anyone else with us, etc and then asked if we wanted to be part of the show.

He then took us through the gate, we got to wait in the air-conditioned "green" room and they gave us sodas and PowerAde.

It was definitely an experience of a lifetime that the DH and I will never forget!

2princess's daddy
03-12-2010, 10:58 AM
:mickey:We were selected as the First Family on our last trip to Magic Kingdom! We arrived at MK about an hour before the park opened, although we were not the first guests in line. Our girls waited patiently in line at one of the gates playing rock, paper, scissors. They were wearing matching shirts that I don't think were Disney shirts. At the time, our kids were 6 and 4.

After we were selected, they took us inside the turnstill and off to the side. We received a certificate as the First Family and a coupon for a free photo. They gave our girls autograph books and pens and explained the process of the First Family and opening the park. They have the schedule down to the minute!

We were lead upstairs to the train station where we had a private meeting with several characters (:mickey:Mickey, Mary Poppins and Bert, The Mad Hatter, Gipetto, Jimmine Cricket, Alice in Wonderland). Next we walk across the train tracks to the balcony overlooking the entrance with all of the characters listed above. At the park opening we threw confetti in the air and waved to the crowds!!

Our girls received guest conductor passes for the train!! Also, a photopass photographer took quite a few shots of us with the characters and from the front at opening.

We had a blast meeting the characters and opening the park!!

FriendsofMickey
03-12-2010, 11:53 AM
:mickey:We were selected as the First Family on our last trip to Magic Kingdom! We arrived at MK about an hour before the park opened, although we were not the first guests in line. Our girls waited patiently in line at one of the gates playing rock, paper, scissors. They were wearing matching shirts that I don't think were Disney shirts. At the time, our kids were 6 and 4.

After we were selected, they took us inside the turnstill and off to the side. We received a certificate as the First Family and a coupon for a free photo. They gave our girls autograph books and pens and explained the process of the First Family and opening the park. They have the schedule down to the minute!

We were lead upstairs to the train station where we had a private meeting with several characters (:mickey:Mickey, Mary Poppins and Bert, The Mad Hatter, Gipetto, Jimmine Cricket, Alice in Wonderland). Next we walk across the train tracks to the balcony overlooking the entrance with all of the characters listed above. At the park opening we threw confetti in the air and waved to the crowds!!

Our girls received guest conductor passes for the train!! Also, a photopass photographer took quite a few shots of us with the characters and from the front at opening.

We had a blast meeting the characters and opening the park!!

:cloud9: Thanks for sharing!
My girls would be in heaven (as would I)!
We never get up early enough. This whole week my girls have been up at 6:30 AM. However, when we hit the parks, they sleep in every morning! I know it is because they have walked the whole park, but boy would I love to get their early and have a shot.

bringbackhorizons
03-13-2010, 02:50 AM
Thanks for sharing that, it sounds like an amazing experience. What a way to start your day in MK :cloud9:

gollybass
03-13-2010, 03:02 AM
sounds great!