PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY got my DH to agree to go!!!

bringbackhorizons
03-12-2010, 05:17 AM
I've been visiting Orlando an average of every two years since I was 12. My last visit was in 2007, and since then we've had two babies, and at first my DH was adamant that we wouldn't go again until our youngest was 5 years old :(. That would be in 2014 at the earliest as our DS wouldn't turn 5 until September, so I was looking at a gap of 7 years!!! :mad:

Anyway I've managed to persaude him to go in 2012, our children will be aged 4 and 2 then. It's still a gap a 5 years, but I can cope with that........ just about.:mickey:

I know it's a long way off but I'm so excited already. :party2::party2::party2::party2:

Jeri Lynn
03-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Awesome!! Have fun planning!!! :mickey:

faline
03-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Glad to hear! Enjoy planning!

Ms. Mode
03-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Something to look forward to! :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-12-2010, 03:14 PM
EXCELLENT!!!

My kids were 4 and 2 when we went last October. They were fascinated and still talk about our trip. They can't wait for our next trip this coming October.

They play Disney parade every weekend where they dress up in their princess outfits, pull each other on floats (a sleeping bag across the hardwood floor) and give princess hugs to the "people" (DH and I are the "people" in the crowd). :D

They will love it and I'm sure your DH will too!

SallyMcQueen
03-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Good for you. So do you have any tips for persuading the DH? We last went in Dec. 2008. I really wanted to go Jan. 2011, but that is being pushed back probably till 2012. It seems so far away. That's why there is Intercot!

Congrats on your trip and happy planning.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Keep working on him and maybe he'll agree to go earlier! But seriously, happy planning.

bringbackhorizons
03-13-2010, 03:03 AM
They play Disney parade every weekend where they dress up in their princess outfits, pull each other on floats (a sleeping bag across the hardwood floor) and give princess hugs to the "people" (DH and I are the "people" in the crowd). :D!

OMG that is one of the cutest things I've ever heard in my life! My DD who's 2 now already claps and does a little dance when I put the Disney planning DVD on. I can't wait to see their faces!

As for tips on how to persaude DH's I just kept going on and on about it until he was so sick of hearing it he said yes! He also loves WDW almost as much as me so it wasn't too hard, he was just worried about the kids being too young.

vizsla
03-13-2010, 05:02 AM
Congratulations and Happy Planning:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
03-13-2010, 04:57 PM
:congrats:

Genie1953
03-14-2010, 12:13 AM
I had been before but could never get my husband to agree to go. Finally I convinced him to go for our 25th anniversary 5 years ago and he absolutely loved it! Now we are going for our 30th wedding anniversary next month and he is getting really excited about it! Somehow I don't think we will have to wait another 5 years to get back there again! Now if I could only convince him to move closer to Florida to make it easier to get there! Oh well...guess you can't have everything!

#1donaldfan
03-14-2010, 09:03 AM
OMG that is one of the cutest things I've ever heard in my life! My DD who's 2 now already claps and does a little dance when I put the Disney planning DVD on. I can't wait to see their faces!

As for tips on how to persaude DH's I just kept going on and on about it until he was so sick of hearing it he said yes! He also loves WDW almost as much as me so it wasn't too hard, he was just worried about the kids being too young.

I've seen two year olds, three year olds...etc..they seem to be having fun, so keep working on him to get you there sooner...I don't think there is a magical age to take kids...if they seem to like the video's and do well in crowds, listen well, etc...then I'd hop on a plane and give it a shot.....?? why not ??:mickey:

Not2Loud
03-15-2010, 11:34 AM
We took DD when she was 3 for the first time. She really doesn't remember much of it, but the memories DW and I have are well worth it.

Have a great time when you go!