PDA

View Full Version : Just returned from Cozumel

SallyMcQueen
03-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Just wanted to say I just got back from one of the best vacations. My DH and I went on a much delayed (oh about 5.5 years) honeymoon to Cozumel. We went March 4-8 and stayed at El Cozumeleno on the North side of the island. The resort was great, the staff was amazing. You could walk right off the beach and go snorkeling. It was the clearest water I've ever seen. Mostly we just laid around the beach and pool saying "una mas por favor." We did venture into San Miguel a couple of times. Its lots of fun to sit around the square and people watch and to dance to the live band. Sunday was nice because no cruise ships were in port, so it was a much more relaxed feel than when they were in port.

On Saturday, we did a tour to Chichen Itza, which involved a less than fun ferry ride to Playa del Carmen, a van ride, then 2.5 hour bus ride to Chichen Itza. The guides we had through the tour company (Cancun lines) were great. Especially Norma, she had all sorts of stories and tidbits to tell about the site, the ancient Mayans and the current local population.

So if you are looking for a relaxing trip south of the border definitely take a look into Cozumel.

SD Price
03-12-2010, 08:13 AM
We stayed for a day last August when the Disney Magic made a port call. We rented a VW convertible and toured the island, made a stop at the ruins on the island and had a very nice tour. Later we drove over to Punt Morena, one of the beach clubs on the other side of the island. Cozumel was my favorite destination! (Better than Castaway Cay???) I told my wife that I could live in Cozumel.

NJGIRL
03-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Sounds like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing it with us. :mickey: