PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing the "I'm so bad at math" dance!!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Okay, so here's our DVC dilema and how I'm so bad at math...

We had hopes this year of staying at BLT in October (sunday-Friday night stay). We own at SSR and have 2 studios booked (6 adults, 2 children) using 170 pts (which is all we have left until 2012). We are just waiting until our 7 day window hits next week on Wednesday. Here was our wish list:

1. 2 BLT studios (170pts.)
2. 2 AKL Kidani studios savannah (180pts. - we'd have to do a points transfer)
3. 2 Beach club studios (170pts.)

We were soooo excited about BLT until recently when I have been reading anything and everything AKL for other posts. Plus, DH and I had AKV first on our list of add on points if/when we can. So, as I'm looking at the points charts just now, I calculated that if we were able to get into a 2 bedroom value at AKL, then it would be 169. We toyed with doing a points transfer on another board for 10 pts for a Savannah view if we stayed at Kindani.

Here's where my lack of attention to detail and what the calculator said comes in. I told my DH (we work for the same company and on the same team and same floor!) to come over and look at the points stuff. It would be 169 for our AKV stay in a value 2 bedroom. I had it in my head that we only had 160 pts. HELLO!!! 85+85=170... I just kept thinking that we had 169. So, I was telling him that if we can get AKV it would be 9 points for 2 bdrm or 10 pts for 2 savannah view rooms. He kept saying, no your wrong. :mad: I just knew I was right! :secret:

Then it dawned on me that we have 170 pts and if we can get the 2 bdrm value, we can all be in one room. That would help sooo much as we plan to go out a couple of nights to the F&W Fest while my parents put the kids to bed. We would much rather be together, we'd have a kitchen and can close the bedroom door when the kids are sleeping and still have the family room to hang out.

I think my excitment and over planning has made me loose a few screws!

Anyways, please send me some ressie dust for next Wednesday as I will put on my game face and try to get a 2 br. value at AKV. :thumbsup:

Married-2-WDW-nut
03-11-2010, 07:05 AM
OWWW - Planning can be frustrating!

I use this a great tool called DVC Planner - works for me.....http://web.nalu.net/~wneth/dvcplanner.htm

DVC Mike
03-11-2010, 07:24 AM
OWWW - Planning can be frustrating!

I use this a great tool called DVC Planner - works for me.....http://web.nalu.net/~wneth/dvcplanner.htm

Unfortunately, Caskbill passed away and no one is currently maintaining his DVC Planner program.

MinnieMommie
03-11-2010, 07:30 AM
Good planning! Are you staying Friday night as well or Sunday through Thursday nights? Both the value at AKL and the standard studio at BLT are harder to get at the 7 month window but try and if you can't get the 2 bedroom you can go on the wait list.

Have you considered looking at the standard room at BWV? The 2 bedroom Standard room is 28 pts during 2010. Depending on how many nights you plan to stay you might also consider the Tree House Villas at SSR. They are the same pts as the 2 bedroom at SSR.

Basically it will be less pts to stay in 2 studios than a 2 bedroom at the same resort. So if you can't get the 2 bedroom you want and decide on 2 studios remember to consider the sq footage of the studio rooms at the resort you want.:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Good planning! Are you staying Friday night as well or Sunday through Thursday nights? Both the value at AKL and the standard studio at BLT are harder to get at the 7 month window but try and if you can't get the 2 bedroom you can go on the wait list.

Have you considered looking at the standard room at BWV? The 2 bedroom Standard room is 28 pts during 2010. Depending on how many nights you plan to stay you might also consider the Tree House Villas at SSR. They are the same pts as the 2 bedroom at SSR.

Basically it will be less pts to stay in 2 studios than a 2 bedroom at the same resort. So if you can't get the 2 bedroom you want and decide on 2 studios remember to consider the sq footage of the studio rooms at the resort you want.:mickey:

We are checking in on Sunday and checking out on Saturday. So, 6 nights.

I know what I'm up against when trying to get into AKV value or BLT :(... but I will persist and hopefully get the accomodations we want.

We only have 170 points until April 2011 and are hoping not to have to rent points/points transfer. BWV is on our long list but, we'd have to pay OOP for the 17 points we are short.

Thanks for the help!