PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Anniversary dining

jenperich
03-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Hello all! I'm looking for a signature restaurant for our 2nd anniversary. We've eaten at Artist Point, Narcoosee's, and California Grill. We'd like to eat somewhere new. I love trying different foods, however, I may be pregnant on the trip...so, my taste buds may not be so daring. :-) I love seafood, my husband doesn't. And...we're staying at BLT.

So, with all of those things in mind...where would you suggest? Thanks everyone!

SBETigg
03-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Citricos. It's wonderful, with a varied menu, and you can get a fireworks view if you're lucky. It's not as common there-- no viewing area, and only a few tables have views. But if you get one, it's an enchanting extra. But the food and service are fantastic. Jiko would also be different, and is fantastic, but maybe save it for when your taste buds are more reliable.

jenperich
03-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Are you close enough, as with Narcoossee's, if you don't get a table w/view, to go outside and watch, then come back in?

SBETigg
03-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Are you close enough, as with Narcoossee's, if you don't get a table w/view, to go outside and watch, then come back in?

No. You would have to go downstairs, out, and down to the marina. A bit of a trek. I wouldn't go counting on a view. If view is important, I would stick with Narcoossee's or California Grill. We didn't have a view for most of our meal, but a table came available right as our dessert was being served and they moved us as Wishes was starting. It's a special extra, but if you choose Citricos, choose it for the outstanding food and service. Flying Fish is also a great choice, but the meat meals (though fantastic) are limited.

jenperich
03-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks so much Sherri! I've been thinking about Citricos for a long time, so I think we'll have to decide on that. Maybe we can get an earlier ADR, and then go down to the marina/beach to watch Wishes.

KAT1811
03-12-2010, 08:59 PM
We love the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Our favorite. The staff is fabulous and the food wonderful. After dinner you could take a walk over to WS in Epcot and get some champagne in France and wait for Illuminations.

On our last trip my mother, myself, my four children (including my 8 month old son), our two strollers, and diaper bag took the bus to the Yacht Club from the MK and we were on the bus with one other couple. They happened to be on their honeymoon. They were very helpful. She helped the girls on the bus with my mom while her husband took our strollers on for us. He insisted on sitting with the stroller for the whole trip and then taking them off the bus and helping us reopen them. People like that always make our Disney trips a little more special than they already are. While we were eating we saw them walk into the restaurant. To thank them we sent them a drink. They had a great table by the window.