PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickeys vs. 1900 Park Fare

jenperich
03-09-2010, 08:21 PM
For those of you that have been to both, which would you suggest for breakfast? It'll be me(28), DH(28), and MIL(50's). Thanks for your help! :mickey:

disneyers
03-09-2010, 09:26 PM
I think it just depends on who you want to *have* breakfast with! :mickey:

Chef Mickey's is fun for everyone of all ages. I think of it as a little more of a "bouncy" place - a bit more energy here, even in the morning before my coffee! You'll get the classics - Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, Donald.

1900 Park Fare is a little calmer and you'll get some "rarer" characters - Mary Poppins, Alice & the Mad Hatter, plus Pooh & maybe Tigger.

Have fun! :mickey:

KAT1811
03-10-2010, 11:32 AM
IMHO 1900 Park Fare is much better than Chef Mickey's. We ate there twice last year, breakfast and dinner. I suppose it really depends on what you are looking for. ARe you more concerned with the characters or the meal itself?

jenperich
03-10-2010, 12:18 PM
I guess I'm concerned with the meal. We are staying at BLT, so CM may be more convenient.

Pop Centurion
03-10-2010, 12:20 PM
I agree, 1900 PF is much better. They have more food choices not to mention the omelet bar.
I like the character interaction a little better at 1900 PF as well. The zaniness of the Mad Hatter is hilarious. You have to love the faces he makes when taking pictures.

Don't get me wrong. Chef Mickey's is fun but 1900 PF is better.

renecat
03-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Another vote for Park Fare. Been to both food is better at Park Fare. |Love the Mad |Hatter and Alice

Through the looking Glass
03-10-2010, 02:30 PM
I'd have to vote for 1900 Park Fare. Good meal and afterwards you can walk around 'window shopping'. It is a quick ride on the Mono Rail to get there.

Gator
03-10-2010, 03:43 PM
The food at 1900PF is really great for breakfast. They have a cinnamon sticky bun that is the best pastry I've ever had. Plus, you get Mary Poppins and Alice who are really hard to catch at other places.

jnfr2424
03-10-2010, 07:30 PM
I guess I'm concerned with the meal. We are staying at BLT, so CM may be more convenient.

We were staying at BLT and Thanksgiving AM we had breakfast @ 1900 like everyone stated better food and the noise level was better tolerable IMO

wdwnomad
03-10-2010, 10:27 PM
If you don't care what characters are there then I would go with 1900 Park Fare. The food was so much better there. I think it much more fresher. Plus they have Strawberry Soup! And, if you are paying for it OPP, I believe 1900 is cheaper. I went in December to Chef Mickey's and almost fell out of my seat when I saw the $30/pp for breakfast. I thought I had it priced out before I went but I must have missed a price increase (or two).

DisneyPrincess21
03-11-2010, 12:51 AM
I haven't been able to make it to either of these places yet, but based on the menu's, my vote would be for Chef Mickey's

Plus on a side note, I heard that 1900 is way more loud and a little more claustrophobic than it is at Chef Mickey's

sammysmom
03-11-2010, 07:50 AM
We tried them both last year for the first time and I have to say that 1900 Park Fare was better--at least in my opinion:)

GrmGrninGost
03-11-2010, 07:37 PM
I love them both, but Chef Mickey's is my favorite breakfast ever! I love the atmosphere! You can feel the excitement in the air! (At least I can!) Also, I have found the food to be wonderful on a consistent basis.

KAT1811
03-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I agree, 1900 PF is much better.

:ditto:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Another vote for 1900 Park Fare. CM was just too loud and too crazy for our liking, and the food was only OK.

1900 Park Fare has better food, isn't quite as crazy and has some fun characters that are harder to find.

Fastpasssteve
04-08-2010, 10:14 PM
1900 Park Fare for breakfast is favorite breakfast in the entire World. I get to see characters I don't normally see in the parks, plus the food is surperlatively better than the effusive, yet bland pedestrian food one gets at Chef Mickey.

Keep in mind the point of each place:
Chef Mickey is about kids, loud, kids and some scrambled eggs with rubbery pancakes. It is a large, high-volume interaction with the top 5 characters.

1900 Park Fare has Mary Poppins, Alice & the Mad Hatter served with blintzes, made-to-order omlets and chilled stawberry soup that makes me sigh to think about it! Even the quality of the bacon is higher.

stitch34
04-09-2010, 11:30 AM
My family has eaten at both places...1900 for dinner and breakfast and CM for dinner only.

Our experiences the past few years at CM haven't been great, especially compared to our first visits there. Food has only been average and character interaction hasn't been the best. We've had long waits for characters to get around and then interaction with them is minimal. That being said my niece still loves the place and it's still on our restaurant list but only because of her; otherwise it would be off.

1900 on the other hand....we all love!!!!:thumbsup::mickey::cloud9: Food for breakfast and dinner is delicious! Character interaction for both meals here is some of the best in our opinion. At both meals we have had great interaction at our table and even better we love the interaction between the characters themselves as they move about the room. For breakfast, the Madhatter and Pooh would throw cereal at each other and play around. We have a picture of the Madhatter sitting on Pooh - which the Madhatter announced outloud and he thought was hilarious! Alice would of course get involved with these two and their shinanigans and it provided one of our most entertaining meals.

1900 is definitely my vote!!!

eandrsmom
04-09-2010, 08:08 PM
I've eaten at both places for dinner, so I can't comment on breakfast. But, I will tell you that I'm in agreement with previous posters. I find the food to be fresher and of a better quality at 1900 PF than at CM. We still eat at CM, usually our first night on vacation, so that we can meet all of the "classic" characters as soon as we arrive. But I tend to agree that the food at CM has diminished in quality the past few years.