PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickeys

jenperich
03-09-2010, 10:07 AM
How is the current breakfast at Chef Mickeys? I'm trying to get my ADRs in order for our October trip, and it's been three years since we did a character meal. We usually only do breakfasts, so that's really all I'm concerned with.

KylesMom
03-09-2010, 10:13 AM
You will get mixed reviews - from great to awful - for Chef Mickey's character breakfast. And dinner, too, for that matter.

We've gone to CM's every year since 2000, but that's just us - we enjoy the fresh fruit offerings as well as all of the hot specialty items they have out on the buffet. DS is especially partial to the "goodies" table. Chaos? Yep. Loud? You bet (but not nearly as loud as Whispering Canyon's breakfast). :D Pricey? Of course. However, we still love it & go back every year. We also enjoy snagging photos & hugs with the characters without the lines that you'll find at the parks.

MMFreak
03-09-2010, 10:33 AM
It is breakfast. You can't really mess up this meal. We eat at Chef Mickey's every year for breakfast and have no complaints. There is something to satisfy everyone.

Ropachs
03-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Only had breakfast there once, but really liked it. Food was fine, and many choices. We also enjoyed the napkin-waving parade of characters, loud, but full of that Disney magic :mickey:

BigThunderFan
03-09-2010, 05:36 PM
We have enjoyed breakfast every time, it's a family tradition for us on our last day. If you have had it before, I would say it is pretty much unchanged. We couldn't tell any difference in food selection, quality, or quantity between this trip and in 2008.

coneygoil
03-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I haven't eaten at Chef Mickey since it was located at DTD. I'm going for the first time on my next trip! :thumbsup:

dassjs
03-13-2010, 10:20 PM
We've eaten there a couple times, most recently 11/08. We loved it both times. The food selection is good and tasty. We love the atmosphere and character interaction with Mickey and Minnie and team. Also, the kids love taking the monorail to get there! I'd definitely give it a try!

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Other than the fact that now you have to ask for grits if you want them, it hasn't changed much in the last 7 or 8 yrs. We were just there in Janaury.

We do Chef Mickey's on the first full morning of our trip. As has been said it is loud and somewhat chaotic; it's a great way to get prepared for the parks...;)