PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on Akershus Princess Dining

azcavalier
03-08-2010, 07:42 PM
In the past we have gone to Akershus for dinner to see the Princesses. However, I recently read Mousejunkies and it mentions that the Akershus Character Meal is only for breakfast. I read another post on here somewhere that sounded similar to that. We are planning to go back to WDW in October with some family that has never been before, and they have four little girls. We were planning to take them to Akershus for a Princess Dinner. Please tell me that the book is wrong, and that Akershus still does character dinners.

lettripp
03-08-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm confused about that as well. I finished Mousejunkies last month (best way to cure a Disney withdrawal) and went to a Princess dinner in spring of 2008. I'd love to know the answer to this as well...

ElenitaB
03-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Princess Storybook Dining is alive and well at Akershus for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menus and experiences are subject to change, but this one seems to be here to stay for now.

kakn7294
03-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Mousejunkies was entertaining but had a couple of glaring errors. Akershus is still all Princess all day.

Goes4FastPass
03-10-2010, 05:09 PM
That's a glaring error, some real junk.

I like fans sites for fan to fan opinions but if I wanted to book Akershus I'd go to Disney's site (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/dining/)

mouseketeer mom
03-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Whats mousejunkies??

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Whats mousejunkies??

I believe it is a Disney "stuff"/planning/review book?

I've been trying to get it at our local library but, it's always out. At least I think I'm talking about the same thing.

To the OP -

As far as I know the Princess lunch/dinner isn't going anywhere as this is a popular alternative to Cindy's castle. We are toying with the idea of eating here in October and are doing so because it is a Princess meal.

azcavalier
03-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Yeah, it's a book written by a journalist who loves WDW. He and his friends come up to five times a year or so (and have been to WDW something like 40 times this decade). In it, they discuss their favorite things (restaurants, resorts, bathrooms) and what they don't like. It wouldn't be my first choice as a guidebook...there are much better options. But it's pretty funny stuff...stuff that you wouldn't understand unless you've already experienced WDW.

kakn7294
03-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Mousejunkies isn't much of a guidebook - I would rely on it as one. It's more anecdotal than a true guide to WDW. Realistically, any guidebook is outdated by the time it's published as things change at WDW so often but there are many out there that are a better guide than this one.