PDA

View Full Version : What's in a standard room at Disneyland Hotel?

laprana
03-08-2010, 02:16 PM
My family is in the early planning stages of a trip to Disneyland, and we're trying to decide on which hotel to stay in. We know for sure that we want to stay in one of the 3 Disney hotels, and are leaning toward the Disneyland Hotel.

Does anyone know if a standard room at the Disneyland Hotel (or Paradise Pier, for that matter) has a daybed that folds down into a twin bed? I've seen some reports that there is a daybed, and some reports that there's only 2 queen beds or 1 king bed. I've also seen that you can get roll-away beds.

Thanks in advance for your help! This will be our first trip to Disneyland, and I still have a lot to learn and figure out about it! :mickey:

robnadina
03-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi There,
As a DVC member have you looked at the Villas at Grand California Hotel?
I personally loved it. Was very roomy for myself, DH and DD. I have never stayed at the DL Hotel, so I cant give you a comparison.
Good Luck planning

laprana
03-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Hi There,
As a DVC member have you looked at the Villas at Grand California Hotel?
I personally loved it. Was very roomy for myself, DH and DD. I have never stayed at the DL Hotel, so I cant give you a comparison.
Good Luck planning

Yeah, we're definitely considering that as an option. But we're looking at the other DL hotels, too, because we've heard it's pretty hard to get into GCH villas unless it's your home resort. We're also leaning towards paying OOP for the DL trip and saving our points for our yearly WDW trip! :D

NotaGeek
03-08-2010, 03:56 PM
At the DLH you can get a room with either a King and a daybed or a 2 queens and a daybed, just ask for the specific room type -- same at the PPH. The GC has rooms with a daybed but they are only available in non-park view and those rooms can't be guaranteed.

laprana
03-08-2010, 04:15 PM
At the DLH you can get a room with either a King and a daybed or a 2 queens and a daybed, just ask for the specific room type -- same at the PPH. The GC has rooms with a daybed but they are only available in non-park view and those rooms can't be guaranteed.

Great! That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks so much! :thumbsup:

I'm sure I'll be back with lots more questions! I'm super excited about visiting DL. I've been there once, but I was pretty little and don't remember a whole lot, so I'm really looking forward to it!

NotaGeek
03-09-2010, 04:15 AM
Great! That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks so much! :thumbsup:

I'm sure I'll be back with lots more questions! I'm super excited about visiting DL. I've been there once, but I was pretty little and don't remember a whole lot, so I'm really looking forward to it!
BTW ... make sure and ask if you can get a newly decorated (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=157139) room with a daybed ... they are SO cute!

laprana
03-09-2010, 12:09 PM
BTW ... make sure and ask if you can get a newly decorated (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=157139) room with a daybed ... they are SO cute!

Oooh, I will! Thanks for the tip! Those rooms look really cool!