PDA

View Full Version : If you were a Disney Imagineer

crltkcagle
03-08-2010, 12:52 PM
If you could make any attraction what would it be? And where would it be? I would love to see something in Fantasy Land in MK with Pinochhio and Lady and the Tramp. I would also love to see an attraction with Monsters Inc and Bugs Life in HS.
It would be kind of cool if they could do something with soarin that would be like up. Like the ballons are taking you on the ride over the water and such.

And how cool would it be to have a Jungle Book ride in AK! I could go on and on. So what are some of your favorite movie/characters that are missing?

Bay Lake
03-08-2010, 01:39 PM
I would make some kind of Mt Fuji coaster in Japan, I know space is limited there. Or even go a little extreme and have a Venice Canal rapids ride in Italy.

DisneyBunch
03-08-2010, 01:46 PM
I would do a 101 Dalmations themed roller coaster in either MK or DHS. The ending scenes where Cruella chases the truck with the Dalmatians would be a good theme for a similar roller coaster.
I also like the idea of the mine car chase in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. That would fit in great at DHS. :mickey::coaster:

ransam
03-08-2010, 01:51 PM
There's lots of things I'd do.
I would try to create WallE that acted like the talking trash can, but he went around scooping up trash through the park.
I would love to see autopia rethemed to Cars.
I would like to see Mr. Toad come back.
I'd like to see a tribute to Ub, the 9 old men, and Roy.
I'd like to see a 3-d of Enchanment.

cer
03-08-2010, 02:31 PM
I have always thought a Monster's Inc. coaster would be great in Tomorrowland or somewhere. You know, the kind where you ride suspended beneath the track...like the end of Monster's Inc. where Mike and Sulley and Boo are riding the doors?

Ever since I saw that movie I have thought that something along those lines would be a great attraction - pretty obvious, but still would be great.

lettripp
03-08-2010, 02:47 PM
I would love to see some sort of Wall-E attraction (maybe an environmental thing at Innoventions or a Star Tours like ride). I would LOVE if there was a meet-and-greet with the character as well.

Is there a parade float with a scene/characters from UP? I think having some sort of the replica of the balloons in DS would be AWESOME!

I also think that Aladdin would make for a great indoor dark ride... the flying carpets are boring... they could do something much cooler with the concept of a flying carpet.

I am sure I will think of more later... this is a fun thread! :mickey:

crltkcagle
03-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Wow!!! You all have such amazing ideas!!! I wished you all worked at Disney so those rides could really exsist!

joonyer
03-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Ditto the Monsters Inc. coaster idea. I've thought that would be a great attraction ever since I saw the movie.

I would also re-theme the speedway to an indoor/outdoor "Cars" theme, so you could enjoy the night-time neon of Radiator Springs, and the movie soundtrack. I'd change the cars to electric power with sound effects for engines. I don't care that Cars doesn't fit the TomorrowLand theme. The little kids who are basically the only guests who enjoy the speedway now could care less that "Cars" isn't future themed. Besides, the Speedway as it exists now is about as "tomorrow" as a Model T.

Imagineer1981
03-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Ditto the Monsters Inc. coaster idea. I've thought that would be a great attraction ever since I saw the movie.

I would also re-theme the speedway to an indoor/outdoor "Cars" theme, so you could enjoy the night-time neon of Radiator Springs, and the movie soundtrack. I'd change the cars to electric power with sound effects for engines. I don't care that Cars doesn't fit the TomorrowLand theme. The little kids who are basically the only guests who enjoy the speedway now could care less that "Cars" isn't future themed. Besides, the Speedway as it exists now is about as "tomorrow" as a Model T.

Agreed and the speedway is really a transition from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland so Cars would make a great fit

Goofy Texan
03-08-2010, 07:19 PM
I had an idea for an elephant ride in AK. Imagine full-size elephant figures sitting on top of simulators like those used in the Dinosaur ride.

The elephants would be ladened with saddles, boxes, and other supplies in such a way that riders would not be able to see the animals feet. To get on the ride, the "supplies" on one side would fold down creating a ramp. Inside would be the look and shape of a real elephants back. About 4 riders would straddle the back of the elephant and with the "supply" ramp folded back up, look like they are sitting on the elephant. Handicapped riders would ride in elephants with a flat floor or traditional bench seats.

These elephants would be as realistic as possible - cast members would interact with them during the loading process as if they were real, calling them by name.

The ride could be a simple story about a team of volunteers taking supplies to a remote village. The train of about 10 "elephants" would walk slowly, but go up and down hills, along the edge of a cliff, and even walk along the edge of the Safari, providing a chance of seeing live animals. Glimpses of the elephants would be visible from within the parks - but only enough to peak interest and not reveal that the elephants are "leg less".

An alternative is to create the ride in two parts. The first part would be family oriented and have the story above. After the elephants arrive in the remote village, the families dismount and their ride ends. Families could then explore the village and a short trail would take them back to their strollers. New riders would then mount the elephants for a more thrilling ride. This one would go back to the starting point, but encounter problems that cause the elephants to break into a run, go over a high, creaky bridge, and other less family friendly stuff.

One day I hope to create a virtual version of this attraction (I know 3D and can animate). Disney will never make it, since it isn't their idea, but I'd love to at least take a virtual ride on it.

azcavalier
03-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I would work on a South America section to Animal Kingdom. Amazon/jungle themed. I would love to see something from Emperor's New Groove going on there as well.

AdventurerKim
03-09-2010, 11:41 AM
I want a 3D movie or ride with Pixar characters. Toy Story Mania and Buzz Lightyear are not enough! I would definitely bring back Mr. Toad!

BigBaloo
03-09-2010, 12:50 PM
AK: some sort of JungleBook ride..... Anything Please!!!!!

DS: Always thought some sort of attraction paying tribute to the great music of Disney. Soooo many classic songs

PercyPug
03-09-2010, 04:51 PM
I would like to see a restaurant themed after the "House of Mouse". They could have rotating characters, and ones that are not commonly seen. The waiters could wear a tuxedo-like costume. They could show clips of all those wonderful Mickey and Minnie cartoons, and have a stage where they could have shows.

ColeeC
03-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I'd love to see some sort of indoor coaster/wild mouse with a "down the rabbit hole" theme: once underground, all the sights are suddenly ten times too big. but i love all the other ideas too!

crltkcagle
03-11-2010, 10:10 AM
That is a great idea! My kids would love that!

I would like to see a restaurant themed after the "House of Mouse". They could have rotating characters, and ones that are not commonly seen. The waiters could wear a tuxedo-like costume. They could show clips of all those wonderful Mickey and Minnie cartoons, and have a stage where they could have shows.

ehaimann236
05-16-2010, 09:02 PM
I would love to see a Tigger Attraction somewhere in Fantasy Land. Could be a Roller coaster or something to deal with bouncing. Tigger is just my favorite character.

Fastpasssteve
05-16-2010, 09:41 PM
I know this is silly, but my friends and I love having afternoon tea. I was wondering what it would be like to have a small eatery serving tea sandwiches and tea (or punch for small ones). The sandwiches would be simple tuna salad, egg salad, ham and cheese, or roast beef...simple, straight-forward things that kids wouldn't be afraid to eat. The theme could be an Alice in Wonderland...Mad Tea Party kinda thing...by the Tea cups. I be little girls and their mom's would love it...kinda like the Bippity-Boppity Boutique. I don't know...maybe Mrs. Potts could be a character that drops in from time to time?

AJ Springfield
05-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks to the original poster for this thread--I love reading the ideas and thinking about it!! I love all the ideas given--it would be so cool to be able to make these a reality!! My family has been watching the older Disney movies to get us "in the spirit" for our upcoming vacation and I would love to see something from Jungle Book, Aristocats or Sword in the Stone.

xo0ally
05-25-2010, 08:31 PM
here is my list:
alice in wonderland ride
cinderlla ride
101 dalmations ride
jungle book
monsters inc
ratatoullie
mulan
tarzan
pochantas

magicalmom
05-25-2010, 10:20 PM
I would like to see Emperor's New Groove - a gentle thrill ride, including the chute into the lab, out the nose of the idol, (this might be unique in the world of amusement parks) through the mountains, waterfall, etc. Maybe a llama stampede?

Euby
05-26-2010, 03:51 AM
I'd like to work on Beastly Kingdom in AK. Narnia themed ride would fit well there.

kemps@wdw
05-26-2010, 10:48 PM
I would "re-imagine" the Tomorrowland Speedway into something a little more futuristic...maybe something "Tron"-like. And I would "re-imagine" the Stitch attraction into ANYTHING else. DHS needs something in the Cars or Incredibles theming, I think. Epcot could use a few more countries. And AK, I'm still debating on the whole "Chester & Hester area. I think that space could be a little more useful!

antngoof89
05-26-2010, 11:11 PM
I love this thread.

I would bring something Tarzan in, maybe bring back the show that was once in Animal Kingdom. I also would create the rumored Monster's Inc ride.

I think they should do something new with Figment, make that ride live again. I would also create some more water based rides in AK. It is just too freakin' hot there.

I like the idea of a tribute to disney music, perhaps something else that could go into HS. Rip out the Drew Carey thing and put that in there instead. Have Mickey Mouse conducting the classic tunes, a cartoon short or something for kids to enjoy.

Beauty and the Beast should have a slow dark ride in Fantasyland. Also a jungle book theme in AK, forget beastly kingdom, just do jungle book and lion king stuff. Lol. That would fill up a lot.

I wanna brainstorm ideas and put more on here, this is fun.

everyonesmadhere
05-27-2010, 02:51 PM
I sent a letter to the Disney parks about some new rides. More like updates. Alie in wonderland 2010 and a tian a themed splash mountain ride.

Daisy'sMom
05-27-2010, 06:28 PM
I would like to see some love given to HS. With the wonderful disney movies, there are so many possibilities.:mickey:

mjm12000
05-28-2010, 01:52 PM
some sort of major thrill coaster at Animal kingdom would be great, not sure what kind but something big with some good inversions, have it animal themed or Dinosaur themed, not really picky just something big and scary and fun.

disneygirl87
05-30-2010, 02:51 PM
I would make some kind of Mt Fuji coaster in Japan, I know space is limited there. Or even go a little extreme and have a Venice Canal rapids ride in Italy.

Originally, the plan for the Japan pavillion was to have a Mt. Fuji coaster located in the back of the pavillion. Maybe one day they will put the coaster in.

DisneyLuver91
05-30-2010, 05:22 PM
I know this is silly, but my friends and I love having afternoon tea. I was wondering what it would be like to have a small eatery serving tea sandwiches and tea (or punch for small ones). The sandwiches would be simple tuna salad, egg salad, ham and cheese, or roast beef...simple, straight-forward things that kids wouldn't be afraid to eat. The theme could be an Alice in Wonderland...Mad Tea Party kinda thing...by the Tea cups. I be little girls and their mom's would love it...kinda like the Bippity-Boppity Boutique. I don't know...maybe Mrs. Potts could be a character that drops in from time to time?

This is such a great idea that Disney has already thought of it! They do afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian, I believe in Citricos... Not exactly sure on that. But I think Alice and friends make the occasional appearance. :thumbsup:

Pop Centurion
05-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Sleeping Beauty is long overdue for a ride. I think it's a shame to ignore a classic like that.

I think they should make a ride similar to the Dragon Encounter on the Blu-Ray. You're ride would travel down a long dark corridor within Maleficent's castle all the while hearing the dragon breathing from different directions. Eventually you'd enter a large chamber where torches on the walls would suddenly illuminate the entire room. The breathing of the dragon would get closer as you hear pounding foot steps and loud roars. Suddenly all the gates from the surrounding doors would slam closed except for the one straight ahead. You'd then see the green glowing eyes of the dragon in the distance of the corridor ahead. Then you'd hear another loud roar from the dragon as it breathes fire down the corridor towards you. Suddenly the lights go out and you see the glowing eyes start to come down the corridor as the breathing and roars get louder as it gets closer. Just as the dragon reaches the room you're in the lights would come back on and you see the dragon standing tall & thrashing forward, ready to breathe fire on the ride car. Then a large cage would drop down trapping the dragon before it could strike. Then the gates would reopen and the ride would travel backwards down the corridor in which it entered until you reach the loading area again.

Would probably be way to scary for kids but would be awesome non the less. Could be Disney's greatest animatronic to date.